Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Update your profile and enter your vehicle details
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just purchased a cx-30 on 4/6/21. my car only had 15 miles on it when I bought it. I started noticing little problems about 2 weeks into having my car. The most major one at first was the fact that every time I accelerated my car would blow out hot/warm air when running the a/c, it takes about 15 minutes from the time I start my car to get any cool air, and now it either blows luke warm air and at times the air is really cold but for the most part it is not cold enough. Also the air flow is weak at times. THEN there is the whole problem with the keyless entry door lock which will not lock especially after I wash my car or when it rains. LASTLY there is a problem with the 12v battery saying that it is discharging. All of these concerns I took to the dealer and of course they were making excuses. I finally blew it and contacted corporate. All of sudden I am being told there is an electrical issue with the door handle and it needs to be replaced. I am being told the A/C issue is "normal" and mazda is built to blow out hot air!!!! Bullshit!!! especially when the loaner car I was given by mazda, which is a cx-30 has absolutely not problems with the air conditioning system! Has anyone experienced any of these problems I am having with their brand new cx-30? My car has been at the dealer for over 9 days. I don't want this car back, especially with an air conditioning unit that barely works! PLEASE HELP!

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are disappointed with your new CX-30. That said:
  • You need to update your profile (see below). This helps us help you with your issues.
  • You should post your issues in the Complaints area or in the General Discussion area, not in members' introductions. This is explained in our introduction here.
  • For reference, here are our Forum Rules
You can complete your profile like this:
  1. Go to top right, click on your avatar then click on Account Settings
  2. Then in Location field, enter your ‘Location’ (The town and country you live in).
  3. In Vehicle Details: enter your CX-30 model, engine and year.
  4. Scroll down to the bottom and click on Save
The main areas of the forum are shown here with a short explanation of how they are used:
  • The General Discussion area is for questions and discussions about your CX-30
  • The DIY area is for full instructions with pictures to guide other members carrying out their own servicing.
  • The Modification area is for discussions about making your car different.
  • The Complaints, Issues And Problems area is for you to address a specific issue with your CX-30
  • The CX‌-30 News area for the latest news and updates for the CX‌-30
There are many other forums all of which can be seen by clicking on the Forums icon to the left of your Avatar. If you want the latest posts on the forum, click on the New icon to the left of the Forums icon.

Look across the banner at the top and you'll see three vertical dots on the right. Click there for fast access to the forum sections. Once you've completed your profile I will help you get your issues raised in the appropriate section.

Above all - I hope you get these issues resolved and that you get to enjoy your car - and your time on the forum.

Martin (Administrator)

Reactions: Farritail

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've never had hot air blow out from the AC. At least not for more than a second or two before it starts cooling down. It's not the coldest AC by any means, but it's cold enough to know the AC is on.

Good idea to contact Mazda directly if the dealer isn't helping you.

You may also want to look up the lemon laws for your area. They vary by state. You hopefully won't even need to go that route, but it won't hurt to know the laws in your state and know how long you have that protection in case the dealer drags this on for a long time.

·
Registered
125 Posts
This is not a fault because it is not what you expect...

The A/C compressor clutch disengages above 50% throttle position and will not re-engage until you are 50% or below. Under some conditions, this may result in temperature swings greater than 30 °F (16.5 °C).

There are Software Updates which is normal for todays cars, just like your phone, But only can be done at Dealer.
So if you are a lead foot on the gas pedal the AC Comp turns off to preserve fuel, protect Compressor at high RPM and give you MAX Engine Power. Lift gas pedal below half way and it turns back on...I think Mazda has updated Software to AC off at 65% down instead of 50%.

You say Dealer has had car for 9 days , that is way too long for any software update and suggest to me they are waiting on new parts, possibly door handle?

I would suggest you calmly call Service Adviser and ask what is the holdup, but you have a loan car.
A Lemon?, software updates are not lemon , Mazda's are generally excellent at resolving issues, Japan does not walk away from customers.
After 40 years with the brand if anyone wants to progress with any Dealer then treat them how you want to be treated, blowing up any worker will just slow walk your issues.
IF you can PM me your FULL VIN I can check what could be the issues (only trying to help)

·
Administrator
829 Posts
@ASH8 - User NotHappy562 has not been on since he posted about his issue. He also hasn't given any update on his profile so we have no idea where he is from or what model he has.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Select AWD
174 Posts
@ASH8 - User NotHappy562 has not been on since he posted about his issue. He also hasn't given any update on his profile so we have no idea where he is from or what model he has.
Not happy seems to be literally not happy. I wish him the best with his car.

Definitely agree though that if anyone posts needing help then take some responsibility and initiative to stay on top of your post. Otherwise people are just wasting their time.

·
Registered
125 Posts
There is now a TSB out or soon will be for ALL CX-30s (worldwide) with a known Door handle sensitivity to lock and unlock doors after gong through carwash or washing car.
It is NOT a Recall but a fix ONLY for owners who complain of the issue.

MAZDA3 (BP), CX-30 (DM) and MX-30 (DR) - Door outer Handle Touch Sensor does not lock or unlock

Some customers may experience one or both of following symptoms while it works fine using the remote transmitter.

Symptom 1: The touch sensor of front door outer handle does not lock the doors after rain and/or car washing, even though the unlocking is possible.
Symptom 2: The touch sensor of front door outer handle does not unlock the doors.

CAUSE
Cause 1 (for Symptom 1): Water may accumulate around the touch sensor in the outer handle resulting in temporary lower sensitivity of the capacitive sensor. Also, if car shampoo foam gets inside the outer handle while washing the vehicle, the foam may disturb the touch sensor detection.

Cause 2 (for Symptom 2): Improper soldering in production process may disturb the touch sensor detection.

There is a Dealer repair method for Symptom 1.
For Symptoms 2, both outer front Door Handles are renewed with Modified ones

·
Registered
1 Posts
WELL WELL WELL,
Looks like I’m up the only one with the CX 30 air-conditioning problem. I purchased my 2020 Mazda CX 30 premium the second week it was available in 2019 as a everyday driver for my mom to commute. Either leave myself a Mercedes E450 convertible with my mom stole so I took over the mazda. I did the car shopping in my household because I love technology and my father is a very experienced auto repair mechanic and I was actually happy to take over the Mazda CX 30. About 2 March’s ago I said to myself every time I accelerate the cold air conditioning goes away and when I let off the throttle the cold air comes back, this is some thing Volvo and Volkswagen used to do back in the day in order to send more power to the engine. I did not expect a 2020 vehicle to have old tech like this.. after complaining to the dealer 2 different times they finally came up with a software upgrade where it no longer blew warm air out of the vents every time I accelerated. So then summer roles around and I’m telling myself that I’m never cold in my car and neither are my passengers. I took it to the dealer and they said this is as cold as it gets..so I used my digital and old school manual temp readers and the temp coming out of my vents while driving is 50°. My Mercedes and 20 year old Mitsubishi Montero both blow 37° out the vents while driving. Im shocked that Mazda being a Japanese automaker did not use a strong ac system in this. My sisters cx5 and loaner Mazda 3 they have given me many times both blow 37° Out of the vents!! So I called corporate, demanded an buy back and after a month they declined my request but compensated me. So 2 days ago I noticed my CX30s exterior temp gauge on the digital cluster showed it was 46° outside when in reality it was 85 out. Then yesterday i noticed the outside temp gauge in my car state it was 22° outside and I turn my ac on to notice that hot air was coming out, I called my service rep because ive become close with him, he was nice enough to give me his cell# as I was driving to the dealer 5mins from them the ac started to blow cold again. He was able to see my car show the wrong exterior temp. I think my exterior temp sensor is faulty causing my ac not to blow cold enough. Let’s see what they say next week. In regards to the keyless entry my front passenger side door always gives me issues trying to have it unlocked with my hands via keyless. I wish they would use a better quality door handle that does not give these issues and hopefully on the newer models all 4 door can lock/unlock the car. I test drove the 2021 Mazda cx30 turbo awd yesterday and fell in love! I turned the ac on and accelerated only to find out that it also blows warm air when you accelerate! I don’t understand how Mazda dealers are selling these cx30s like this when there’s a update available that eliminates this issue.

Hello, I just purchased a cx-30 on 4/6/21. my car only had 15 miles on it when I bought it. I started noticing little problems about 2 weeks into having my car. The most major one at first was the fact that every time I accelerated my car would blow out hot/warm air when running the a/c, it takes about 15 minutes from the time I start my car to get any cool air, and now it either blows luke warm air and at times the air is really cold but for the most part it is not cold enough. Also the air flow is weak at times. THEN there is the whole problem with the keyless entry door lock which will not lock especially after I wash my car or when it rains. LASTLY there is a problem with the 12v battery saying that it is discharging. All of these concerns I took to the dealer and of course they were making excuses. I finally blew it and contacted corporate. All of sudden I am being told there is an electrical issue with the door handle and it needs to be replaced. I am being told the A/C issue is "normal" and mazda is built to blow out hot air!!!! Bullshit!!! especially when the loaner car I was given by mazda, which is a cx-30 has absolutely not problems with the air conditioning system! Has anyone experienced any of these problems I am having with their brand new cx-30? My car has been at the dealer for over 9 days. I don't want this car back, especially with an air conditioning unit that barely works! PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
2021 cx30 (100 yr edition)
174 Posts
I've never had hot air blow out from the AC. At least not for more than a second or two before it starts cooling down. It's not the coldest AC by any means, but it's cold enough to know the AC is on.

Good idea to contact Mazda directly if the dealer isn't helping you.

You may also want to look up the lemon laws for your area. They vary by state. You hopefully won't even need to go that route, but it won't hurt to know the laws in your state and know how long you have that protection in case the dealer drags this on for a long time.
You could also contact Mazda Japan by email and follow up letter. That's the only way I got my problems solved. The dealer has been so nice ever since. The manager open the door whenever they see me. They are scared of Mazda Japan, who are terrier-like and get their teeth into customer complaints.

·
Administrator
829 Posts
WELL WELL WELL,
Looks like I’m up the only one with the CX 30 air-conditioning problem. I purchased my 2020 Mazda CX 30 premium the second week it was available in 2019 as a everyday driver for my mom to commute. Either leave myself a Mercedes E450 convertible with my mom stole so I took over the mazda. I did the car shopping in my household because I love technology and my father is a very experienced auto repair mechanic and I was actually happy to take over the Mazda CX 30. About 2 March’s ago I said to myself every time I accelerate the cold air conditioning goes away and when I let off the throttle the cold air comes back, this is some thing Volvo and Volkswagen used to do back in the day in order to send more power to the engine. I did not expect a 2020 vehicle to have old tech like this.. after complaining to the dealer 2 different times they finally came up with a software upgrade where it no longer blew warm air out of the vents every time I accelerated. So then summer roles around and I’m telling myself that I’m never cold in my car and neither are my passengers. I took it to the dealer and they said this is as cold as it gets..so I used my digital and old school manual temp readers and the temp coming out of my vents while driving is 50°. My Mercedes and 20 year old Mitsubishi Montero both blow 37° out the vents while driving. Im shocked that Mazda being a Japanese automaker did not use a strong ac system in this. My sisters cx5 and loaner Mazda 3 they have given me many times both blow 37° Out of the vents!! So I called corporate, demanded an buy back and after a month they declined my request but compensated me. So 2 days ago I noticed my CX30s exterior temp gauge on the digital cluster showed it was 46° outside when in reality it was 85 out. Then yesterday i noticed the outside temp gauge in my car state it was 22° outside and I turn my ac on to notice that hot air was coming out, I called my service rep because ive become close with him, he was nice enough to give me his cell# as I was driving to the dealer 5mins from them the ac started to blow cold again. He was able to see my car show the wrong exterior temp. I think my exterior temp sensor is faulty causing my ac not to blow cold enough. Let’s see what they say next week. In regards to the keyless entry my front passenger side door always gives me issues trying to have it unlocked with my hands via keyless. I wish they would use a better quality door handle that does not give these issues and hopefully on the newer models all 4 door can lock/unlock the car. I test drove the 2021 Mazda cx30 turbo awd yesterday and fell in love! I turned the ac on and accelerated only to find out that it also blows warm air when you accelerate! I don’t understand how Mazda dealers are selling these cx30s like this when there’s a update available that eliminates this issue.
@rrange08
This is an old thread and the OP hasn't been back since he complained. May I suggest that if you are having problems with your car, you start a new thread in General Discussion where we can hopefully help you with your issues.

Thanks
Martin

·
Registered
174 Posts
@rrange08
This is an old thread and the OP hasn't been back since he complained. May I suggest that if you are having problems with your car, you start a new thread in General Discussion where we can hopefully help you with your issues.

Thanks
Martin
Yes, Martin, I noticed that he has not been back and he did not reply to my suggestion he get in touch with Japan. I hope he continues as a member there CAN be a lot of good by communicating within the forum. But my guess is he has given up on the forum.

·
Premium Member
2021, CX-30 Grand Touring FWD Dark Gray
51 Posts
You could also contact Mazda Japan by email and follow up letter. That's the only way I got my problems solved. The dealer has been so nice ever since. The manager open the door whenever they see me. They are scared of Mazda Japan, who are terrier-like and get their teeth into customer complaints.
Hello Matt, Can you share that email address to contact Japan Mazda please?

·
Administrator
829 Posts
@MattOwensRees - if you do decide to share the email address with @OERA1 please do not post the email on the public forum. Please respond by private message.

Thank you.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The best way is to calmly ask your dealer for the address. They won't initially want to give it to you as they don't want repercussions from Japan. BUT, it will mean they will take your points more seriously. That may solve your problems in the best way.
In my case, the attitude at the dealership changed immediately (as I wrote in my post).

Japan nevertheless carried out an investigation, spoke to the dealers involved, and arranged for me to have what is effectively a lifetime guarantee on the car, paid by the dealer. My "case" was very complicated as it involved VIN numbers and other issues.

I have got round the problem of owner manuals by contacting a lady at the dealership who, having worked for Mazda in Hong Kong, knows Mazda inside out. Whenever I have a problem with understanding the manual I was originally given and which was never relevant to the car I was actually sold, she sorts it out immediately.

She has now been tasked with explaining those CX30 features, which are NOT clear or inaccurate for that particular model, to ALL prospective customers.

I have been told not to give out the email address on the public forum. I don't know why but obviously I have to comply.

·
Administrator
829 Posts
I have been told not to give out the email address on the public forum. I don't know why but obviously I have to comply.
It's a general rule on all forums that email addresses (particularly private ones) should never be posted in public area. If you look at our forum rules, you'll see it listed as Rule 9.

·
Registered
2021 G122 Manual
29 Posts
It's a general rule on all forums that email addresses (particularly private ones) should never be posted in public area. If you look at our forum rules, you'll see it listed as Rule 9.
I happened upon this thread so I thought I'd ask, not connected to the topic at hand mind you. What sense does this make? Or to put it another way, what problem is being avoided by this? Mazda getting e-mail from customers?

A more important question: how is the e-mail address of Mazda Japan not public? This is the manufacturer of the vehicle we purchased. That company has my money. In what situation is it appropriate to keep this e-mail address a secret?

I do not mean to offend and I do not need this address at this time, but I may need it eventually and I just generally have a problem with this. I have not been able to come up with a rational explanation as to why I should not have access to a line of communication with the company that made my car, if anything it should be in the documentation I got when I bought the car.

I understand the logic behind keeping private e-mails a secret, but this is only technically a private e-mail address as it is a private company. For all intents and purposes, that e-mail address should be posted on the home page of this site.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.