Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity do you guys think the tires on our CX 30s will last for at least 3 years or about 60,000 km ? Any body have experience with this tire brand / type as far as tread life ? I did get a set of winter tires in hopes that I will save the OEM tires and not have to worry about such things at the end of my lease of a total of 3 years /60,090 km and of course winter tires are allot safer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
detailcarguy...I was JUST about to offer an opinion about the stock tires versus replacements, but noticed the "leased" provision. Having loved my Saab with Pirellli (P6, P7) tires for 17 years of fun, I'd look hard at replacing stock on the new ride. Hey. they work. Tire Rack tells me a Conti tire works well. Loved my Pirellis.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah the OEM ones will only be on half of the year and winter they will be in storage as I got a set of michalin x-ice 3 so I'm hoping that I won't need new tires by the end of the 3 year lease and they will just be as a pass for end lease inspection.. cus I honestly do t want to spend money on this kind of stuff but of course winter tires are smart and will also save the stock tires 🙂 as winters here are pretty bad and lots of snow and very very cold. -40 c is how cold it can get.

·
Registered
2020 Polymetal Grey AWD (premium)
6 Posts
I've leased many cars and usually factor in changing the tires about two thirds into the lease. That way you can get rid of the (usually) crappy stock tires, drive around on way better tires for a year and still have enough tread on them that they will pass inspection. There has to be a certain amount left for it to pass. Your other option if you know your tires won't pass (and I would doubt they would with 60k km on them), is to just buy the cheapest brand, even used, tires that have enough tread to pass inspection. You don't have to be brand-specific when choosing replacement tires.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've leased many cars and usually factor in changing the tires about two thirds into the lease. That way you can get rid of the (usually) crappy stock tires, drive around on way better tires for a year and still have enough tread on them that they will pass inspection. There has to be a certain amount left for it to pass. Your other option if you know your tires won't pass (and I would doubt they would with 60k km on them), is to just buy the cheapest brand, even used, tires that have enough tread to pass inspection. You don't have to be brand-specific when choosing replacement tires.
well i am hoping to just get by.. I did get a really good set of winter tires because winter where i am in Canada is pretty brutal.. very cold and lots and lots of snow so my idea also besides the safety factor of winters is to save the OEM tires some as the winters will be used during well winter lol and take some of the mileage away from the OEM tires and they will get some more life and the end of lease calls for no less then 4/32" which is pretty darn low if i am correct :)

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT-AWD, Soul Red
14 Posts
Yah the OEM ones will only be on half of the year and winter they will be in storage as I got a set of michalin x-ice 3
just curious - what is the size of your Michelin X-Ice 3 tires? I was trying to get “X-Ice 2” for the CX-30 when I first bought the car and a Michelin rep. said only the upcoming “X-Ice Snow” is compatible with our 215/55R18 requirements...

·
Registered
18 Posts
It is interesting that Mazda appear to fit a variety of different tyres to the CX30 depending on region/market. For example:

US/Canada get: Bridgestone Turanza EL440
Japan/Malaysia get: Toyo Proxes R56
Australia/New Zealand get: Dunlop Sport Max 050

Whether this tyre selection is based on local conditions or simply availability, cost etc., who knows?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is interesting that Mazda appear to fit a variety of different tyres to the CX30 depending on region/market. For example:

Whether this tyre selection is based on local conditions or simply availability, cost etc., who knows?
Interestingly enough the Bridgestone tires they use for the North American market are made in Mexico which is the same place the cx-30 Mazda plant is so I guess it makes sense that they can just knock on the door of the Bridgestone factory and get the tires lol. I just sure hope they last the duration of my lease which they should as I won't be useing them all year round just for summer and little into fall other then that I have winter's.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 SkyactivX GT Plus FWD AT - Polymetal Grey
34 Posts

EU/Romania get: Bridgestone Turanza T005A.

As I drive lower mileage now, I'll be replacing the original (summer) tyres with all-weather types. I could buy 4 16" steel rims and 4 winter tyres but it's a pain in the ass to store and rotate 2 sets of wheels.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I hear you Marksman. I always fondly imagined 4 wheels would take up limited space if stacked on top of each other - until I tried it!!! Seems to takeover half the garage.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hear you Marksman. I always fondly imagined 4 wheels would take up limited space if stacked on top of each other - until I tried it!!! Seems to takeover half the garage.
Winter here where I am in Canada is terrible with severe snow storms and then -40 C it's not so safe with with a summer tires so I had to buy winters
As I don't want to be sliding around and have allot better stopping power incase of a emergency or something.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT-AWD, Soul Red
14 Posts
Winter here where I am in Canada is terrible with severe snow storms and then -40 C it's not so safe with with a summer tires so I had to buy winters
As I don't want to be sliding around and have allot better stopping power incase of a emergency or something.
Something I’ve been wondering is, if the GT is calibrated to figure out fuel efficiency with 18” wheels, would the car adjust its calculations automatically for these 16” winter tires? Or I guess you can just go through the one season not looking at fuel efficiency. But still curious.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Something I’ve been wondering is, if the GT is calibrated to figure out fuel efficiency with 18” wheels, would the car adjust its calculations automatically for these 16” winter tires? Or I guess you can just go through the one season not looking at fuel efficiency. But still curious.
im really not sure other then my dealership had to reach out to mazda canada direcly to ask them about rims /size as they didnt know because the vehicle was so new and thats what they recommended. but haha i guess i will find out lol. All i know is all the tires have to be the exact same on the vehicle as it will damage the AWD system

1 - 14 of 14 Posts