Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 2.0 e-Skyactiv X MHEV GT Sport 5dr Auto
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I hit the kerb the other day and there was a scratch/damage to the wheel. I have purchased an alloy wheel insurance cover previously. The insurance provider referred my claim to a repairer who said the wheels are Chrome finish so not covered. I am not 100% sure about this. Can someone confirm whether these wheels are Chrome finish or not? Thanks

Car: Mazda CX-30 GT Sport e-SkyActivX Auto
Wheels: 18" Bright silver metallic alloy wheels (according to spec)

·
Registered
'21 CX-30 2.5 Sky G Pref AWD Red
300 Posts
Hi All,

I hit the kerb the other day and there was a scratch/damage to the wheel. I have purchased an alloy wheel insurance cover previously. The insurance provider referred my claim to a repairer who said the wheels are Chrome finish so not covered. I am not 100% sure about this. Can someone confirm whether these wheels are Chrome finish or not? Thanks

Car: Mazda CX-30 GT Sport e-SkyActivX Auto
Wheels: 18" Bright silver metallic alloy wheels (according to spec)
How 'bout a pic of which wheel you have...

·
Registered
'21 CX-30 2.5 Sky G Pref AWD Red
300 Posts
Looks like same wheels I have. I certainly do not think there is any chrome on them. Most alloy wheels are at least clear coated. I can't tell if the visable metallic is the metal, or in the coating. You could probably determine that better where yours is scratched. Is that a rider on your car insurance, or ?
At very least, I would think they should refund premiums paid if they are not going to cover it.

·
Registered
'20 CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
162 Posts
I would go to the stealership and get them invovled. They should back YOU since the wheels are obviously not chrome. It doesn't surprise me the insurance company wants to deny coverage - expect a fight... Most of that "insurance" the stealership sells is worthless to the consumer but VERY profitable for the dealer. I never buy any of that "coverage"...

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Auto Machine Grey
65 Posts
You have the same wheels (and model) as me. As far as I can see, the wheels are alloys that have been painted and lacquered. If you have paid a premium for something that they can't cover and would never have been at risk for I would have thought they should provide a refund less a reasonable admin charge. I am unsure, though, of how UK consumer law would relate to someone taking out insurance cover that could never pay out.

·
Registered
G25 Touring - 2020 - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
114 Posts
Sorry, insurance companies are scum. Necessary to protect you from other scum, but some none the less.

These wheels are a bit different from other 'normal" alloy wheels. I think they might be more expensive to fix as they are a dark gunmetal colour so that might be extra. It was many years since I researched this topic.

I remember the dealer trying to sell me insurance for the mag wheels and I just thought there will be more loop holes in this insurance than I can poke a stick at so Ill save myself the money and frustration of having to deal with an insurance company and not bother.

·
Registered
79 Posts
In the UK to sell insurance and other financial services (leasing, HP, etc.) the dealer must be registered with ( I think) the Financial Conduct Authority ( FCA) and since they know more about Mazda cars they have mis sold an insurance policy - it doesn't cover the car they sold it for. I think you have 6 years in which to claim a full refund from the dealer and they also have pay to interest at 8%(?) on the refund amount.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.