Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Premium, NA, FWD (USDM)
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The objects circled red below are spotted all along my window belt-line trim. I'm in central Florida, and I bought the car new, and I only noticed this recently at 200 miles.

Rubbing my licked thumb over them didn't remove much. It also feels flush. It looks like a cross between light surface rust, and some residue.

Before I try rubbing compound, clay, Goo-Gone, or complaining to my dealer, I want to know what other folks have successfully done about this.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,032 Posts
as we are not there to see it in person, it looks like some tape residue (the hot sun probably baked it on) due to the location and distance apart (perhaps a label fixed to the car at some point on it's travels from factory to the dealer. However, something like this should have been correct at the dealers PDI.
Try to the Go-gone or perhaps some WD40 as that can work effectively on residue too. Unless the dealers close by or convenient then I wouldn't waste my time going back without trying a few things first. I also wouldn't be trying rubbing compound on that type of material, might scratch it. Not sure whether it's chrome, or just chrome coated plastic.

Reactions: savcom

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Premium, NA, FWD (USDM)
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It could not be removed as if it were a baked adhesive (neither baking soda & oil nor Goo-Gone worked). Polish compound and microfiber cloth did remove most of it; however, pitting seems to remain. This seems more and more like corrosion.

Could this be compensated by a warranty claim?

Below: pitting left after removing spots with polish compound & microfiber.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Goo-gone used to be my initial tool for sticker residue but now I start with clear mailing/package tape. Take a piece and stick it to the thing I want removed and then pull it away. Do this repeatedly in quick succession. It slowly removes it without any harsh chemicals.

if that fails then maybe consider the goo-gone or other chemicals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts