Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a better cabin air filter for the CX-30 out there? The smells from outside are pretty much the same as in my other car with no cabin air filter. A better quality filter should take care of it at least partially.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
128 Posts
I have seen charcoal versions on amazon that should be more helpful for you. The factory one does not filter out smells but the charcoal version should.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Couldn't find any air filters aside from the OEM paper filters. Bummer :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks but unfortunately the page specifically notifies that this will not fit CX-30. This is for CX-5.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, no worries at all. Thanks for trying to help. Much appreciated! :)

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT-AWD, Soul Red
33 Posts
Oh, no worries at all. Thanks for trying to help. Much appreciated! :)
I was just wondering - did you ever find a replacement cabin air filter? Outside of Mazda’s own, there doesn’t seem to be third-party (cheaper) ones.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope. No filter that I could find outside of what Mazda sells. I just emailed MazdaUSA asking them if they have a better filter in works or if they can put it on their list of products to make. Let's see if they reply with anything useful. If not them, maybe an aftermarket will pick up the slack. CX-30 sales aren't as large is say CX-5. We would probably have to wait a few years for a larger market saturation, as to make sense for after-marketers to produce.

I would likely purchase a bigger brake kit if one was available. Mazda's brakes aren't too solid for my liking,

Funny, on Mazda's email submission page, when checking the 'I'm a current owner' check box, you are presented with an option to pick your vehicle. There is no CX30 nor is there a 2021 model year as an option. LOL

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
682 Posts
If Wix ever made one available.. I would consider useing it as Wix in general makes very good filters.. used their cabin filter couple times in a Nissan Sentra type R I had and was very solid and better then the oem one at th dealership.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 SkyActiv-X 180 2WD Luxury (2020)
24 Posts
I found two from MANN, a big manufacturer in Europe for the CX-30

Art. nr: CU 20 018
Art. nr: CUK 20 018 ( carbon)

Maybe available in overseas countries?

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT-AWD, Soul Red
33 Posts
Mazda changed their air filters in 2019. The J6X filter is too thin for the air filter slot in the CX-30s. I talked to Fram’s customer service people and they’re hoping for a replacement filter by the end of summer.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
According to this thread the new BDTS-61-J6X should fit. I just pulled mine out and it matches one-to-one to the one in the thread. Not sure what to think of it but it doesn't look like there is an aftermarket on as of yet. A bit strange if you think that Mazda 3 has been out since 2019.

·
Update your profile and enter your Vehicle Details
1 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a better cabin air filter for the CX-30 out there? The smells from outside are pretty much the same as in my other car with no cabin air filter. A better quality filter should take care of it at least partially.
I just purchased both the air filter and the cabin filter for the CX-30 from Rock Auto. Exact duplicates.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts