31 Posts
Through the glovebox.

Here is a CX3 video on you tube. Close enough

edit to delete erroneous video.

·
Registered
2020 / AWD / Base
31 Posts
Sorry it did not help. Got home to take a look. You are correct that it is different. Did not solve the puzzle when I got home to look.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
660 Posts
that video does not apply to the CX-30, it's misleading.

You access the filter by removing the upper panel in the glove box (finger slots), you do not lower it.

·
Registered
2020 Premium, AWD; Soul Red Crystal
81 Posts

You access the filter by removing the upper panel in the glove box (finger slots), you do not lower it.

View attachment 1594

View attachment 1593

View attachment 1594

View attachment 1593
Plastic parts can sometimes be problematic --- I'm always afraid that if I force the pieces, they will warp or break. Have you tried this procedure yourself? If so, any issues?

·
Registered
G25 Touring - 2020 - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
66 Posts
Down under we can see the air filter though the glovebox as there is nothing blocking it.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
660 Posts
Plastic parts can sometimes be problematic --- I'm always afraid that if I force the pieces, they will warp or break. Have you tried this procedure yourself? If so, any issues?
No I haven't tried it as it doesn't normally require replacement for 40k km or 24 months, but I will check it myself well before then as conditions can vary, but I will wait till the weather gets much warmer than it is at present.
My previous vehicle had a similar set up.

·
Registered
2020 Premium, AWD; Soul Red Crystal
81 Posts
No I haven't tried it as it doesn't normally require replacement for 40k km or 24 months, but I will check it myself well before then as conditions can vary, but I will wait till the weather gets much warmer than it is at present.
My previous vehicle had a similar set up.
Thank you. My aggressive dealership tried to talk me into a replacement at a scant 900 miles/11 months.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT-AWD, Soul Red
33 Posts

View attachment 1594
Just confirming - you pull the little plastic tabs, you don’t push them in? The tabs just seem a little flimsy for pulling...

Edit: I just opened the cabin panel. It does pull out; just use the tab to open a bit of space in the panel and then the panel can be gently wedged open.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select
48 Posts
I was struggling to figure out what piece actually needs to come out. This Mazda 3 video has the exact steps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts