Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will not be taking my CX-30 in for the front caliper recall. Would like to tighten them up myself if needed. Does anyone know the torque specification's on the caliper mounting bolts? Also the size of the bolts would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
58 Posts
Why not? Have you had an official notice from Mazda to take the car for the check? I would think that if you have, but don’t take the car in and something happens brake related then you would be held liable. The recalls get recorded on the cars history once they have been done.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Making sure caliper bolts are at speck is not a concern to me. If it was a real issue I would take it in. I will have it checked at a dealer in a year or so when covid is done with. Not going to a dealer and risking exposure for them to check the tightness of a bolt.

If it was the recall on the gas tank / Evap I would take it in... Luckily I do not have that recall on my Nov/2019 AWD select.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
402 Posts
Making sure caliper bolts are at speck is not a concern to me. If it was a real issue I would take it in. I will have it checked at a dealer in a year or so when covid is done with. Not going to a dealer and risking exposure for them to check the tightness of a bolt.
Boom ! Just for you 🙂 since I used to work at my dealership and left in super good terms I can pretty much ask anything and so the torque should be set to around 22 ft pounds and the lowest is 19 so in that range but tech friend told me be on the safe side and set it to 22. Good luck 🙂 stay safe over there in the USA 😊

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boom ! Just for you 🙂 since I used to work at my dealership and left in super good terms I can pretty much ask anything and so the torque should be set to around 22 ft pounds and the lowest is 19 so in that range but tech friend told me be on the safe side and set it to 22. Good luck 🙂 stay safe over there in the USA 😊
You are the man!!! Thank you so very much!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And just to confirm we are talking about the mounting bolts. Not the sliders ?

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
402 Posts
You are the man!!! Thank you so very much!
You are most welcome 😊 only other thing as far as recalls go that our might want to keep in mind is the fuel tank recall as it affects the AWD models only . If you smell gas or have a
And just to confirm we are talking about the mounting bolts. Not the sliders ?
Yes here is the document my technician buddy sent me so you have some proof and peice if mind 🙂

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
164 Posts
20-22 in lbs seems excessively low for a caliper mounting bolt.

I thought the potential loose bolts were the caliper bracket bolts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts