Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
so out of the blue one morning the car (with just 6600 miles!) starts showing the following errors (see photos)
Camera malfunction
Support system partially disabled
High Beam Control disabled

I can still set cruise control and (maybe) automatic slowing down if there is a car in front, but the lane shift is not detected..

Since the dealer is pretty far I am wondering if there is anything that can be done to reset the system.
Thank you!
Antonella

Font Rectangle Electric blue Technology Electronic device

Gadget Font Gas Automotive exterior Display device

Speedometer Odometer Gauge Vehicle Trip computer

Speedometer Odometer Gauge Trip computer Automotive design

Speedometer Odometer Vehicle Gauge Trip computer

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 iSport - Sonic Silver
48 Posts
Just in case, have you checked fuses are ok? Not sure which one but I had some warning messages related to safety features and was a blown fuse… I had to replace the fuse and clear the DTC code with a generic OBD2 scanner.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,032 Posts
have you tried to reset the system?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had similar issues with my 2018 CX5 GT, it happened 4x since the 3yrs I've had it. I thought they would have fixed it in other models the latest and trims. I'm hoping my 2021 CX30 will be better.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30
54 Posts
That's happened to me twice. Once the front radar was bug coated and the other time was in a driving rain storm. It reset itself after the rain and the oother time after I cleaned off the bugs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine happened without anything covering it, other than being in the sun all day, in Florida. But it shouldn't matter coz these cars will be out in the sun, i mean it should've been tested in different conditions. The good thing is, it will fix itself once the car is turned off for a few hours. But it's just dangerous that once in a while when it happens, your drive is unsafe.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT - Skyactive G - 2.5 L AWD
344 Posts
Hi guys

If you look at the initial post it is about the camera not the radar sensor....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Speedometer Automotive design

Yes, I was talking about the camera. But I would think both are in the same spot and can b3 affected by both heat and sun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's happened to me twice. Once the front radar was bug coated and the other time was in a driving rain storm. It reset itself after the rain and the oother time after I cleaned off the bugs.
Happy to check this. Where is the camera in the front (if it is easy to explain...)?

·
Registered
CX-30 Cosmo
20 Posts
As other have said this might be due to environment conditions, this service alert might be apply to your situation, though the phrasing is slightly different.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,032 Posts
Happy to check this. Where is the camera in the front (if it is easy to explain...)?
at the top centre of the windshield. All the info on this camera is covered in your owners manual in the section: "Forward Sensing Camera (FSC)" on page 4-190

Blue Azure Triangle Rectangle Slope

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
at the top centre of the windshield. All the info on this camera is covered in your owners manual in the section: "Forward Sensing Camera (FSC)" on page 4-190
Thanks. I will check and also read the manual!
You also mentioned "resetting the system". Is that covered there too? (sorry do not have the manual at hand right now ... waiting for the car to come back home!)

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 e-SKYACTIVE X MHEV GT Sport Tech Soul Red Crystal 2WD Manual
50 Posts
Thanks. I will check and ralso ead the manual!
You also mentioned "resetting the system". Is that convered there too? (sorry do not have the manual at hand right now ... waiting for the car to come back home!)
Here is the link to online CX-30 Owner's Manual, if you need to check anything. Search for Forward Sensing Camera or iACTIVESENSE.

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
117 Posts
Don't forget to clean the front radar once in a while. It's in the Mazda logo in the front grill.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Updates: the front camera seems to be in perfect conditions. The windshield is clear and not dirty at all.
Someone talked about "resetting the system" Any more help on this?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts