Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all. I have two questions i am hoping someone can answer for me:
1. What is the purpose of the vents on the sides of the cargo area? Are they connected to the hvac system?
2. When opening the door a damned annoying “low battery” warning comes up on the gauge cluster. I KNOW the battery is not low and is, in fact 100% charged ( i tested it). Can this warning be disabled, shut off or at least have the sound stopped? It is SO loud! Why is it giving a warning in the first place when the battery is at 100%?
thanks

·
Premium Member
2021 Mazda CX-30 AWD Turbo Premiun, Soul Red
114 Posts
The air vents on the A-Pillars are to help clear your windows and provide a little better air circulation.

The annoying "low battery" has a topic all by itself on this forum.

No one has found a way to disable it yet. Agree it is annoying. I get it every time I clean the inside of my car.

I bought a small portable jump box just in case it does get too low. Have not had to use it yet, but better safe than stranded.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,521 Posts
not sure what the purpose of the vents in the sides of the upper section of the cargo area are for but I would presume there is a good reason, as it would be far easier to make the panel without it. My guesses are to help with air circulation, to prevent excess heat build up on some items behind the panel in that area, perhaps to give the air somewhere to go when you close the doors as vehicles are very air tight - just some thoughts. You could ask a mechanic at your local dealership next time you are there, they might have some ideas.
My last vehicle had some sort of flaps at the rear outside and could hear them move when I closed the door.

As the "low battery" warning light has got it's own thread where you can read all the info so far. I think this seems to apply only to 2021 years for some reason, I've never had the problem at any time, and due to the constant lock-downs my car only does less than 40 km a week on one day and then sits for another week before it's driven again and this has been throughout the winter months and never had a problem starting at any time.

Reactions: Steve56 and savcom

·
Registered
2021 CX30 Premium Turbo
25 Posts
The vents allow air to flow from the cabin to behind the panel and to the vents in the steel body. The air coming in from the heater/ac from the outside needs to be displaced back out or it would be a pressure build up. Also the doors closing builds up pressure in the cabin and needs some place to go. Every vehicle has this, some are hidden more than others.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
376 Posts
I experimented with a faraday pouch for the key fob. The pouch works great….no connection with the car at all when key is enclosed. Since then I have not had the damned low battery warning on the instrument cluster go off. I suspect the constant communication between the key fob and car slowly drains either the key fob or car battery, hence the annoying nanny warning . Will continue to monitor this and keep u guys informed. I bought two nice faraday pouches on Amazon.
Faraday Bags, GICENT Faraday Bag for Key Fob (2 Pack) Car RFID Signal Blocking Faraday Pouch, Key fob Protector, Black Antitheft Products, Remote Entry Smart Key Fob Case

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.