Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 Select in Snowflake White
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have had my CX-30 for about 2 weeks, one major issue that i cant seem to resolve is the center display automatic brightness
i have set up my clock to the right time of the day, and even have it to automatically update where I live, but it seems that the center display always is too bright as if it's always day time.
in the settings there is the 1.Automatic(it is supposed to deem at night) 2.Day(nice and bright) and 3.Night(deemed and dark)
but the automatic NOT does work.
anyone else had that issue before ?
Thanks,
Ethien

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
743 Posts
I have had my CX-30 for about 2 weeks, one major issue that i cant seem to resolve is the center display automatic brightness
i have set up my clock to the right time of the day, and even have it to automatically update where I live, but it seems that the center display always is too bright as if it's always day time.
in the settings there is the 1.Automatic(it is supposed to deem at night) 2.Day(nice and bright) and 3.Night(deemed and dark)
but the automatic does work.
Thanks,
Ethien
Omg I had the same issue when I first got mine 😅 dealership didn't even know and so I started playing with buttons and came across the buttons bedind the wipers stock to dim and increase the gauge cluster and so mine was set to max and that doesn't allow the auto dimming night mode to work with the headlights so all I did was turn it down by one or two and it's working ever since one year later 😁 hope this works for you 😉

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,520 Posts
all the info is covered on page 4-17 in the owners manual 😄

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 Select in Snowflake White
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Omg I had the same issue when I first got mine 😅 dealership didn't even know and so I started playing with buttons and came across the buttons bedind the wipers stock to dim and increase the gauge cluster and so mine was set to max and that doesn't allow the auto dimming night mode to work with the headlights so all I did was turn it down by one or two and it's working ever since one year later 😁 hope this works for you 😉
Thank you this worked for me! I am glad I am not the only one with that issue. and I hope your answer will benefit the community too! thanks again

·
Registered
Current Mazdas: 15 Mazda3, 16 Mazda2, 19 Mazda3 and 3 prior Mazdas
113 Posts
This is why I drive Mazdas and follow the forum. Mazda because the problems are far easier to resolve than other cars (a similar post on the Giulia forum would start with how many weeks the car has been in the shop). The forum because it is great to have a place to help each other out.

Mazda people are the best.

·
Registered
2019 CX-30 GS
1 Posts
but the automatic NOT does work.
Thanks,
Ethien
I had the same "issue" in my Mazda 3 the other day, it has basically the same infotainment as CX30 so I'd think my solution will also be applicable for you. The solution I found is that you first click the brightness up button (behind wind screen wiper stick) until you hear the beep sound indicating its at its maximum setting, then you click the brightness down button ONCE, just once and then it should be able to automatically adjust again. I think there are three modes for the brightness setting, one is full brightness, one is auto and the last one is low brightness and it seems to me that the way to set it to auto is through my solution above. Hope this helps!

Update: the above method worked when setting it up at night, I also realized that if you set it to max brightness in the day (using the buttons behind wind screen wiper column) and leave it (but make sure your centre display brightness is set to auto in the settings) it will also automatically switch at night.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried the above solution on my 2021 CX30 and it did not work (the two buttons seemed to be disabled) until I started the engine then ‘magically’ the buttons performed exactly as you describe here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also had the same problem for my 2021(June) CX30 and followed the instructions and resolved the issue. It was troubling me for several months until I searched on this forum today. The key point is to start the engine first in order to operate the adjustment button. My assumption is that the factory setting of highest brightness for the ease of sales person to demo to customer. The left out step for the sales person is to adjust to auto mode before handing of the new car to customer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.