Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda Cx30 2021 2.0 e-skyactive 122hp
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have scheduled a ceramic coating for my cx30 with 5 years protection. Wha are your thoughs?

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
784 Posts
Reactions: Cpissa

·
Registered
12 Posts
Depends on who does it.

A pro won't apply a ceramic coat unless he does paint correction; clay bar and polish out scratches and swirl marks first. I'm having my 5 year old black Golf R done by pros with a one-year ceramic for $700 which includes the engine bay, rims, door jambs, and interior- everything. Then every year I get a refresh for $150. They'll even come to my house and do a complete foam cannon wash and clean the interior for $65.

Do yourself a favor and shop around. I'd say 80% of people advertising "ceramic coating" are scam artists.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
554 Posts
I had mine done the first week I bought my CX30 over 18 months ago. I bought a 3 year package where I get recoated every 6 months and the car looks just like the day I drove it out of the showroom. You could get the same results if you waxed your car every month but I am too lazy to do that.😀
Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Wheel Tire

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30 Premium FWD
5 Posts
I had my Mazda3 coated, but not my cx30 yet.
i would say it’s worth it to keep your car looking great. So easy to clean and upkeep.
Make sure you’re going to a professional, getting your paint correction before applying the coatings and check what brands they are using.
mazda paint is very thin so ceramic coating really helps to protect it to a certain degree. It won’t save you from rock chips or most scratches like some people advertise, you would need PPF for that. It’s not magic , you will still need to wash your car once a week or every other week to keep it looking like new, it just makes the process so much easier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts