Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I got my shiny new CX-30 Turbo a couple of weeks ago and could not be happier with it. My local dealer lucked into the dark gray so I quickly grounded my lease on my CX-3 early and made the leap! There is one small thing I cannot for the life of me figure out. On the CX-3 you hit the driver side door button once to open just the driver door and then twice for all doors. The CX-30 ONLY does the driver door, even though the passenger side does all the doors. The manual says this can be changed, but the options in the system only change behavior for the key fob buttons. Is there a way to change the touch settings that I am missing? I hate having to open the door and hit the unlock button inside to get the other doors to open.

I never knew that was something I would miss so much, but here we are. Thanks.

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
97 Posts
It is in settings/vehicle settings/doorlocks then set keyless unlock mode to once.

The unlock sensor is on the inside of the handle at the rear. I just use my index finger to unlock the doors and pull the handle. To lock it I have the walk away set to lock and don't have to touch anything.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT - Skyactive G - 2.5 L AWD
263 Posts
It is in settings/vehicle settings/doorlocks then set keyless unlock mode to once.

The unlock sensor is on the inside of the handle at the rear. I just use my index finger to unlock the doors and pull the handle. To lock it I have the walk away set to lock and don't have to touch anything.
👍

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi all! I got my shiny new CX-30 Turbo a couple of weeks ago and could not be happier with it. My local dealer lucked into the dark gray so I quickly grounded my lease on my CX-3 early and made the leap! There is one small thing I cannot for the life of me figure out. On the CX-3 you hit the driver side door button once to open just the driver door and then twice for all doors. The CX-30 ONLY does the driver door, even though the passenger side does all the doors. The manual says this can be changed, but the options in the system only change behavior for the key fob buttons. Is there a way to change the touch settings that I am missing? I hate having to open the door and hit the unlock button inside to get the other doors to open.

I never knew that was something I would miss so much, but here we are. Thanks.
We may have the same car depending on the Turbo option you got, but mine is Machine Gray also. Took possession 10 days ago. And I was wondering the same thing about the door locks & what the manual says. Thanks to those with the informative responses.

Since DST starts tonight, I was also looking into how the clock deals with that. Went into Clock and wanted to choose the shown Daylight Savings Time option, but it would let me. Kept me on GPS Synchronization only. So we'll see tomorrow. Maybe I'll stay up and watch it. So why is Daylight Savings shown as an option?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Gray Metallic
86 Posts
Since DST starts tonight, I was also looking into how the clock deals with that. Went into Clock and wanted to choose the shown Daylight Savings Time option, but it would let me. Kept me on GPS Synchronization only. So we'll see tomorrow. Maybe I'll stay up and watch it. So why is Daylight Savings shown as an option?
Interestingly, I just noticed a notification on my phone that is an hour old from the “MyMazda“ app. “Daylight Savings Time. It’s Time to Set your Vehicle’s Clock Ahead”. When tapping on motivation it opened up the info below.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey all, thanks for the feedback. I did find the setting. In the Door Locks, the first one says to hit once for one door, twice for all doors, but that is misleading as it is only for the fob. If you set that setting to "all doors" it will change the setting on the door AND the fob to one press. Why this is not separate for the handle and the fob are beyond me, but there's the answer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts