Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 CX-30 Machine Gray Premium FWD, 2020 Soul Red Crystal MX-5 RF GT
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most people assume that everything was done to their car at delivery(make ready) but one of the main things that is forgotten is adjusting the tire pressure after the vehicle comes off the truck. The tires are way over unflattering transportation and with almost every new car that I've driven, I have found this to be the case. If the handling feels a little squirrelly, it's probably due to the tires having too much pressure, so make sure you adjust them accordingly before a test drive and after you take it home.

On both the CX-5 that we test drove first and the CX-30, the pressures were about 15 to 20 pounds over and I could definitely tell the difference once i got the right amount of air in there.

·
Registered
GT Sport Tech - driven by the wife
37 Posts
That’s been my experience too with pretty much every new car I’ve purchased including the CX-30. The car was collected from the dealer and I drove it home. Checking each tyre the following mornIng they were at 42psi. I dropped them all to the required 36. I don’t know why the pre-delivery inspection doesn‘t include for dropping tyre pressures to the required amount from their transportation pressures.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
382 Posts
this seems to be a very common problem, I've been on the Soul Forum for nearly 10 years and this has come up time and time again. If any one gets a new vehicle and complains about a rough ride and idling we always tell them to check the tire pressure, and many times they come back and tell us that was the problem.

This is a standard feature check on any PDI but for some reason seems to missed frequently. Most manufacturers always ship vehicles with maximum air pressure in the tires.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had that issue as well. Should the TPMS generate an alert for pressure that is too high, or only for pressure that is too low?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Carbonized, I believe the Mazda system only alerts when the pressure drops below a set value, not over. Whenever I have had an alert it was due to low pressure, usually at change of season - warm to cold. I agree with captainkirkw remarks to check tire pressures. Often after service the tire pressures have been slighlty over inflated and I need to adjust. It does make a difference in driving feel definitely.

·
Registered
103 Posts
This is weird... Mine have been showing 45-48 psi in the vehicle stats display, but when I manually checked them with a pressure gauge all 4 tires are exactly 36 psi (right where they should be). Seems like something may be wrong with the sensors.

·
Super Moderator
2020 CX-30 Machine Gray Premium FWD, 2020 Soul Red Crystal MX-5 RF GT
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll check the stats on our since I manually set the pressures last week but I'm wondering if it needs to be reset, if there is a way to do that?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'll check the stats on our since I manually set the pressures last week but I'm wondering if it needs to be reset, if there is a way to do that?
it's explained in the TPMS section of your owners manual.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 AWD Premium
5 Posts
This is weird... Mine have been showing 45-48 psi in the vehicle stats display, but when I manually checked them with a pressure gauge all 4 tires are exactly 36 psi (right where they should be). Seems like something may be wrong with the sensors.
I'm having the exact same issue. TPMS in the car and in the Mazda app show 41-42 PSI on all 4 tires. A check with a mechanical pressure gauge shows all 4 at exactly 36 PSI. Strange.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Most people assume that everything was done to their car at delivery(make ready) but one of the main things that is forgotten is adjusting the tire pressure after the vehicle comes off the truck. The tires are way over unflattering transportation and with almost every new car that I've driven, I have found this to be the case. If the handling feels a little squirrelly, it's probably due to the tires having too much pressure, so make sure you adjust them accordingly before a test drive and after you take it home.

On both the CX-5 that we test drove first and the CX-30, the pressures were about 15 to 20 pounds over and I could definitely tell the difference once i got the right amount of air in there.
My tire were set at 45psi
Fixed that issue as soon as I noticed.

·
Registered
CX30, 2.0 L, Executive, 2020, Snowflake White Pearl Mica Paint
7 Posts
I'm having the exact same issue. TPMS in the car and in the Mazda app show 41-42 PSI on all 4 tires. A check with a mechanical pressure gauge shows all 4 at exactly 36 PSI. Strange.
My mechanical pressure gauge was always, for all my cars, very precise. No difference between TPMS in the car and the pressure gauge. I recommend you to buy a good , expensive and reliable gauge

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
148 Posts
Air pressure will be one of the items I will be checking this weekend, on the MM app as delivered all are showing 38 psi.

·
Registered
CX30, 2.0 L, Executive, 2020, Snowflake White Pearl Mica Paint
7 Posts
Air pressure will be one of the items I will be checking this weekend, on the MM app as delivered all are showing 38 psi.
Do not forget, air pressure must check on cold tyres, home or after a very short ride. Good luck.

·
Registered
20 CX 30 AWD, Preferred/Machine Grey Metallic
13 Posts
I just got my car from dealership and PSI was 51 each. I didn’t know that until I registered on MyMazda app. Now my rare tires PSI is 49 each and front tires PSI is still 51 after driving 450 over miles. Is that normal or should I reduce the PSI? Please enlighten me. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
I just got my car from dealership and PSI was 51 each. I didn’t know that until I registered on MyMazda app. Now my rare tires PSI is 49 each and front tires PSI is still 51 after driving 450 over miles. Is that normal or should I reduce the PSI? Please enlighten me. Thanks!!!
look at the door sticker which gives you the recommended tire pressure.

Reactions: Richard
1 - 20 of 22 Posts