Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I pointed this out to my dealership a little while ago as I noticed paint lifting on a corner edge of my front passengers wheel while cleaning the wheels like I always do with every wash every week. It had gotten worse and another layer of paint has come off .. it's not from curb rash etc as you can see.
My dealership submitted a warranty claim to Mazda and it got approved so I am very happy for that considering the rims are almost 800 Bux each so not cheep and I noticed the issue not to long after I got my CX 30 . So I wanted to point this out to you guys incase anyone has a similar issue and if the dealership doesn't want to do anything about it that Infact yes they should it's warranty as it not curb rash.ps please excuse my dirty wheel lol it's been a week since the last wash and I'm washing it tonight.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very odd. And this is not from a rock or road debris?
no as a while ago I noticed a bubble in the paint and on close inspection the paint was not correctely bonded to the metal and it was just sort of floating and as time went on layer lifted to eventually nothing.. but hey they are replaceing it under a warrenty claim so i am happy as its nothing that i did. I worked in the paint indewstry for automotive for 4 years so i have pretty exstensive kniwlage on such things and it is indeed a paint imperfection when it was sprayed on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts