Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 AWD T
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am looking to purchase a new vehicle soon and am leaning towards a CX-30. However, a big deal breaker is that I have a jet ski that I usually tow with my parent's CX-5 and it seems that the CX-30 on paper should be able to do that same tow. I am looking to install a class 3 hitch (class 2 worst case scenario) and it seems that there's only one company that has made a hitch with a 2" receiver BUT it does not say what rating the hitch is. I'd like to stick with the big names like CURT, Reese, etc but it seems like either the car is too new or it's not recommended to tow.

The other vehicle I'd be looking at is a Subaru XV, where there is a class 3 available for install.

I figured I'd ask this forum since it seems like there's a few people interested in getting a hitch.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
698 Posts
It says right in your owners manual.. do not tow with your vehicle it's not designed for it ...

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
432 Posts
Thanks for reading the first line of my post.

cheers
Either way, @jchc, you have an answer to your question - and for those people with a CX-30, they can look up the answer, should they have the same question, using the reply above.

If you need more information about towing, I'd discuss your requirements with your dealer - or read the Owner's Manual (available online here).

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 AWD T
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Either way, @jchc, you have an answer to your question - and for those people with a CX-30, they can look up the answer, should they have the same question, using the reply above.

If you need more information about towing, I'd discuss your requirements with your dealer - or read the Owner's Manual (available online here).
Thanks savcom for that. I'll check out the owner's manual!

·
Registered
698 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Instruction manual in the Netherlands, page regarding maximum tow weight. Figures are for Europe, slopes up to 12%.

Trailer without brakes: 600 kg
Trailer with brakes: 1300 kg
Total weight (car + trailer): >3200 kg (depends on car model)

Based on this, I think it's absolutely fine to hitch a jetski. Mazda sells trailer hitches as an accessory, two versions: removable and fixed. The fixed version can handle up to these weight limits, the removable has lower limit (mostly for bicycles and such, but looks nicer when not in use).

·
Registered
698 Posts
Instruction manual in the Netherlands, page regarding maximum tow weight. Figures are for Europe, slopes up to 12%.

View attachment 1818

Based on this, I think it's absolutely fine to hitch a jetski. Mazda sells trailer hitches as an accessory, two versions: removable and fixed. The fixed version can handle up to these weight limits, the removable has lower limit (mostly for bicycles and such, but looks nicer when not in use).
The owner manual here says do not tow with Your Mazda ... Something goes wrong that's just a key out for warranty coverage... Just saying cus I worked in a Mazda dealership for a few Years.. owners manual says no then not a good idea...

·
Registered
220 Posts

View attachment 1818

Thanks for providing some useful information for those considering light duty towing.

·
Registered
124 Posts

here is a link right to the owners manuel on towing.... lol says DO NOT TOW WITH YOUR MAZDA:p
and here people on here are getting trailer hitches... WHY??? AND then later we are going to hear people crying over transmission issues etc... oy READ the book that comes with the vehicle :rolleyes: .. not hard lol
The person who started this discussion isn't an owner and didn't have an owners manual. He was just asking for info. Also, some of the other posts by North Americans about installing trailer hitches are for non-towing uses, like attaching bike racks which isn't the same as towing.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
432 Posts

here is a link right to the owners manuel on towing.... lol says DO NOT TOW WITH YOUR MAZDA:p
and here people on here are getting trailer hitches... WHY??? AND then later we are going to hear people crying over transmission issues etc... oy READ the book that comes with the vehicle :rolleyes: .. not hard lol
Different markets, different instructions.
In Canada, it says 'DO NOT TOW' in your CX-30, yet, in Europe and elsewhere, there are clear instructions on how to tow, what to tow - and how to set your CX-30 up for towing.

If anyone is unclear about towing using their CX-30 then please CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL DEALER, or be sure you check the owners' manual for your model and your region.

Reactions: detailcarguy
1 - 12 of 12 Posts