Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020, CX30, 2.0 Skyactive G, GT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My name is Shodiq, from Indoneisia, owning cx30 2.0 skayactive G, for six months, currently 6000 km and running.

Over all I love this car, we ( my wife and me) tested many cars, but when she test drove this car, she does not want to test any other.

i got small issue, but a little bit annoying.
When i turn full left from stoppimg condition and going through small step down of the pavement, there is clucking noise from around the joint near the left fromt wheel (tie rod or near those components).

I contacted the dealer and they said it is normal, but i said this is not normal since i never experienced this kind of issue with other new car, even with cheeper suv cars.
Until now they still coild not figure out the problem.

Any body ever experience the same?

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5S Crystal Blue Mica
111 Posts
Hello,
My name is Shodiq, from Indoneisia, owning cx30 2.0 skayactive G, for six months, currently 6000 km and running.

Over all I love this car, we ( my wife and me) tested many cars, but when she test drove this car, she does not want to test any other.

When i turn full left from stoppimg condition and going through small step down of the pavement, there is clucking noise from around the joint near the left fromt wheel (tie rod or near those components).

I contacted the dealer and they said it is normal, but i said this is not normal since i never experienced this kind of issue with other new car, even with cheeper suv cars.

Have the CV joints inspected

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello,

I have noticed the same! I have 25k miles on my 2020 preferred awd 2.5, and when engaging the brake on a slow, full left turn from a stop, it makes a clicking noise under the right front side of the vehicle depending on brake pressure.

I am also having cv joints inspected next visit to the dealership (and probably somewhere else if dealership is inconclusive)

The only other things i think it could be is the interaction of brakes and awd systems trying to adjust? It isnt a dealbreaker but my 07 accord never made that noise.

·
Registered
2021 cx30 (100 yr edition)
174 Posts
From posts on this forum, it seems members are having similar problems with unresponsive dealers.

Be persistent. Remind them the car is under warranty

I told them I'd contact Mazda Japan. Only then did they get serious about rectifying the problem. I live in Thailand where it is the norm to ignore guarantees and warranties because the justice system is almost non-existent. The dealers know you won't get anywhere.

This forum is useful as it's not affiliated to Mazda and gives impartial advice. I got the advice to contact Japan from many members here

·
Registered
174 Posts
Depends on the dealer. I have a friend in Bangkok with a CX30 and he has no problems with his dealer.
Get in touch with MazdaJapan. They get quite tough with dealers. As a last resort, I contacted Japan and all of a sudden dealers get more responsive. It sorted my problem. The dealer apologised. I will post the full letter I received from MazdaJapan as soon as I can. I'm busy tomorrow but will try either late tomorrow or Wednesday.

Don't worry. If the dealer doesn't comply. Japan will take control.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30 Preferred FWD
50 Posts
how did you go? did the replacement fix the issue? Ive noticed we have the same thing on our 2021 cx-30
They replaced the driver side front strut and the strut bearing and the noise went away. There's considerably increased brake noise though, and a new noise I've noticed. When I drive off after having the car parked for a while, when turning, I hear a singe clunk sound. Don't hear it on the road. will have to have that checked out too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They replaced the driver side front strut and the strut bearing and the noise went away. There's considerably increased brake noise though, and a new noise I've noticed. When I drive off after having the car parked for a while, when turning, I hear a singe clunk sound. Don't hear it on the road. will have to have that checked out too.
I hear the same as you. I bought e-X new in august (japan build). When car is parked overnight and after first minute when I turn right in tight 90° corner. I hear single clunk.
Dealer told me that this is because over some period of not driving, some air acummulate in steering system and hydraulics, so this is normal because that sound is when steering system let out acummulated air. Does this make any sense??

·
Registered
174 Posts
I hear the same as you. I bought e-X new in august (japan build). When car is parked overnight and after first minute when I turn right in tight 90° corner. I hear single clunk.
Dealer told me that this is because over some period of not driving, some air acummulate in steering system and hydraulics, so this is normal because that sound is when steering system let out acummulated air. Does this make any sense??
No. I don't think it makes sense.
I'd suggest contacting Mazda Japan. They are genuinely keen to help Mazda customers and will intervene with the dealers. My problem would not have been sorted if I had not contacted them and allowed them to investigate and resolve. See my post, "What Really Happened and Japan's Response" I'll keep that thread updated.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30 Preferred FWD
50 Posts
Yeah, that is exactly what I'm hearing. I don't hear it on the road, just when I first drive out of park and turn. I feel that the sound is coming from the driver side tire area.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yeah, that is exactly what I'm hearing. I don't hear it on the road, just when I first drive out of park and turn. I feel that the sound is coming from the driver side tire area.
@Crazyedo mentioned his dealer's comment and then said, "Does this make any sense??". I can't comment on US dealers but dealers can generally be a bit evasive. As I said above, the only way I got round my problem was by contacting Mazda Japan. They are terrier-like in investigarting dealerships. They just don't give up. They certainly helped me and were quite tough on my dealer. When I go there now they are all smiles and the manager himself opens doors for me.

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus
62 Posts
Have the same, 2021 SkyactivG. The dealership is replacing left front strut, strut mount, and wheel baring.
How did things go? I have a 2022 Turbo Premium Plus that had a knocking noise right out of the gate when I was test-driving. I was told a strut replacement would solve the issue but no. So far a strut bolt has been retorqued and a strut pin bracket was retorqued —but the sound persists.

I have emailed the service advisor with a YouTube vid of some guy who had a CX-3 with similar issues; his noise didn’t go away until his bearing was replaced. If the advisor and his manager do not attempt the fix, I will contact Mazda North America and Mazda Japan.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.