Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda Cx30 GT AWD
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Does anyone have the steps to program a third set of fob? Thinking in getting a third fob from stealership and use that for the aftermarket remote starter t-harness or bypass something.

Canada have shitty oem remote starts and my mazda does not work here.

Any help would be awesome. Slowly learning the platform as I go. Dash cam wiring was fun...

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
950 Posts
it should be "cold as balls in Alberta", saying in Canada is just stereo-typing. Here in southern Ontario today it was up in the mid 20's, you could have worn shorts. 😁

Reactions: fumoffu

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT - Skyactive G - 2.5 L AWD
329 Posts
Hey Everyone,

Does anyone have the steps to program a third set of fob? Thinking in getting a third fob from stealership and use that for the aftermarket remote starter t-harness or bypass something.

Canada have shitty oem remote starts and my mazda does not work here.

Any help would be awesome. Slowly learning the platform as I go. Dash cam wiring was fun...
No complaints here about my factory installed remote starter👍

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT - Skyactive G - 2.5 L AWD
329 Posts
Yes it is a second remote..works great for me and it can "tell" you how much run time remains. You can program the "run" time. I use it summer and winter to keep the four legged kids cool/warm. I lock the vehicle and then start it with the remote.Of course also great on those chilly Canadian winter mornings :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Found out yesterday that the car starter company “fortin” works with the CX-30’s original key fob. A 3rd key is required to “talk” to the car and allow it to start, but no more 2nd fob to carry around.

·
Registered
33 Posts
UPDATE: I now have the “fortin” system installed in my 2021 CX-30 using the factory key fob to start it (press lock-u lick-lock to start) and NO 3rd key was required.

·
Registered
‘17 CX-9 Signature & ‘19 Mazda 3 GT
71 Posts
UPDATE: I now have the “fortin” system installed in my 2021 CX-30 using the factory key fob to start it (press lock-u lick-lock to start) and NO 3rd key was required.
What’s the range of the Fortin remote start? 150ft? 800ft? I was looking at this Fortin but I heard it has limited range - need something like at least 1000 ft...

·
Registered
33 Posts
What’s the range of the Fortin remote start? 150ft? 800ft? I was looking at this Fortin but I heard it has limited range - need something like at least 1000 ft...
It’s not fortin that has range limitations, it’s whether or not you use your factory key fobs or choose to go with their own receiver module and fobs.
I opted for factory fobs as I didn’t want a 2nd remote in my keychain, and for my home and work, I’m within 20’ of my car when I need to start it. The range is only as good as Mazda’s fobs... I haven’t tested it, but it’s easily 30’.
my past system in another car was an idatastart (similar to fortin), and it was 1000’+, but with their fobs.

if you want to add $150 to your install, fortin makes an add on to start your car from your cell phone too... no range limitations there.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda Cx30 GT AWD
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah so far Fortin is the only one that does not use the OEM fob for the install. Hopefully I can get the compustart install someday.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda Cx30 GT AWD
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good news!

"T harness for that vehicle not in production yet but it can be hardwired. Which is not a big deal as we hardwire all of our remote starts. With the compustar 901 RF kit you are looking at $739.00 plus tax installed. The install would be done with the EVO-ONE which does not require the loss of a key. As of now parts are in stock in Edmonton."

Look like I will be going toward the compustar PRIME 901

·
Registered
2021 Mazda Cx30 GT AWD
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All said and done.

For anyone using the evo 1. There is a specific steps you need to take. Which including a master reset of the evo 1 to learn the cx30 ecu.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts