Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda Cx30 GT AWD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Does anyone have the steps to program a third set of fob? Thinking in getting a third fob from stealership and use that for the aftermarket remote starter t-harness or bypass something.

Canada have shitty oem remote starts and my mazda does not work here.

Any help would be awesome. Slowly learning the platform as I go. Dash cam wiring was fun...

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
471 Posts
it should be "cold as balls in Alberta", saying in Canada is just stereo-typing. Here in southern Ontario today it was up in the mid 20's, you could have worn shorts. 😁

Reactions: fumoffu

·
Registered
CX-30 GT - 2.5 L AWD
187 Posts
Hey Everyone,

Does anyone have the steps to program a third set of fob? Thinking in getting a third fob from stealership and use that for the aftermarket remote starter t-harness or bypass something.

Canada have shitty oem remote starts and my mazda does not work here.

Any help would be awesome. Slowly learning the platform as I go. Dash cam wiring was fun...
No complaints here about my factory installed remote starter👍

·
Registered
CX-30 GT - 2.5 L AWD
187 Posts
Yes it is a second remote..works great for me and it can "tell" you how much run time remains. You can program the "run" time. I use it summer and winter to keep the four legged kids cool/warm. I lock the vehicle and then start it with the remote.Of course also great on those chilly Canadian winter mornings :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Found out yesterday that the car starter company “fortin” works with the CX-30’s original key fob. A 3rd key is required to “talk” to the car and allow it to start, but no more 2nd fob to carry around.

·
Registered
15 Posts
UPDATE: I now have the “fortin” system installed in my 2021 CX-30 using the factory key fob to start it (press lock-u lick-lock to start) and NO 3rd key was required.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts