Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

Cold as balls in Canada. Need new fob programming

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  fumoffu 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Does anyone have the steps to program a third set of fob? Thinking in getting a third fob from stealership and use that for the aftermarket remote starter t-harness or bypass something.

Canada have shitty oem remote starts and my mazda does not work here.

Any help would be awesome. Slowly learning the platform as I go. Dash cam wiring was fun...

#2 ·
it should be "cold as balls in Alberta", saying in Canada is just stereo-typing. Here in southern Ontario today it was up in the mid 20's, you could have worn shorts. 😁

Reactions: fumoffu
#5 ·
Yes it is a second remote..works great for me and it can "tell" you how much run time remains. You can program the "run" time. I use it summer and winter to keep the four legged kids cool/warm. I lock the vehicle and then start it with the remote.Of course also great on those chilly Canadian winter mornings :)

#11 ·
Good news!

"T harness for that vehicle not in production yet but it can be hardwired. Which is not a big deal as we hardwire all of our remote starts. With the compustar 901 RF kit you are looking at $739.00 plus tax installed. The install would be done with the EVO-ONE which does not require the loss of a key. As of now parts are in stock in Edmonton."

Look like I will be going toward the compustar PRIME 901

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.