Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after getting a small stone chip on the inner piller beside right close to the windshield on the passengers side from some ass hat cutting me off on the freeway.. I noticed a the small chip hand washing it and thought shit it's -15 below Zero paint pen isn't going to work to cold.. so I phoned up my brother who has a major in university chemistry and read him off the the chemicals that make up the paint ingredients on the sticker on the pen and the main one is pm acetate which has a freezing point on -60 C below Zero and is a solvent used in low temp application paint and so long story short I gave it a try after washing it in a semi heated self wash place and a week later did the same and thought well il blast it with the warm water from the pressure washer to see if it adheres.. and long behold it's solid and cured correctly ☺ and stayed in place like I never used the pen and so as long as the area is clean of salt and grime etc it will work no problem and so I hope I can help others wanting to use their paint pen in the winter as all I did was used it inside of a self car wash and let it sit for a couple mins while I dried the rest and d the vehicle off.
Cheers 😊

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,520 Posts
thanks for the tip, I did not know that, thought I had to wait till it was 10 above to use it.

Reactions: detailcarguy

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the tip, I did not know that, thought I had to wait till it was 10 above to use it.

View attachment 1275
you are welcome :) yah mine worked when it was really cold.. All i did was apply it inside of the self car wash place i always go to every week in the winter and the OEM paint pen has sealed the area very well and has cured correctly and stayed even with being blasted with the pressure washer a week later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.