Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 GT Sport Tech Skyactive X Auto
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 128GB Sandisk USB stick with 4200 mp3 music files which for some reason my CX30 refuses to accept all the titles with certain titles missing after being read. I have tried removing and reinstalling, resetting everything, renaming folders etc. with no success. I read somewhere that disabling the Gracenote database might help, but again no success.
The same USB stick worked perfectly in my previous CX5 and I am now at a loss at what to do next. Has anyone else had similar problems or found a solution? Many thanks

·
Super Moderator
2020 CX-30 Machine Gray Premium FWD, 2020 Soul Red Crystal MX-5 RF GT
53 Posts
I have not tried a USB stick yet but did you try both USB ports? I assume it reads from both but maybe not. I'll give it a go as I have a couple of Sandisk USB's.

·
Registered
Preferred FWD / Deep Crystal Blue Mica
171 Posts
On the other Mazda car's in the manually it state's it needs to be FAT32. Hope this helps

·
Registered
22 Posts
I too tried a USB 3 64gb pendrive, not recognised and getting extremely hot, formated fat 32 also I have created 2 partitions of 32gb, nothing works.

A 32gb USB 2 pendrive have no problems, perhaps there's a limit of storage or USB variant incompatibility.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Fat32 formatted sansdisk, 32G with FLAC files. The files are recognized, with title and art, but not a peep comes out. I know the recommended size for the thumbdrive is 16G, but I've read that people are using ones that are a lot bigger. I'm a Mac user so I can't use the formatting app suggested. I also read that exfat is better, but I'm not sure Mazda can deal with that format

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Fat32 formatted sansdisk, 32G with FLAC files. The files are recognized, with title and art, but not a peep comes out. I know the recommended size for the thumbdrive is 16G, but I've read that people are using ones that are a lot bigger. I'm a Mac user so I can't use the formatting app suggested. I also read that exfat is better, but I'm not sure Mazda can deal with that format
In fact, I just loaded FLAC files on a 16G thumbdrive and the same thing happens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a SanDisk Cruzer Fit CZ33 64GB USB 2.0 Low-Profile Flash Drive- SDCZ33-064G-B35 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FJRS6QY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_qwztFbZEYSQM3 )
with a mix of MP3 and FLAC files on it and everything works fine.
I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I format the SanDisk thumbdrive as FAT 32 and converted my AIFF files to FLAC and move them to the drive, but no sound. It is interesting that the converted FLAC files appear as audacity files in the folder on my computer, but the files are actually .flac files. I've tried this with a 32G and a 16G thumbdrive, but the results are the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mystery solved. Apparently not all converters are equal. The files I created via Switch didn't work. I tried two Bigasoft and the files played—and how. The sound is fabulous.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts