Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not exactly a glowing review by CR on this model giving it an overall score of 61.

For comparison on overall score some other ratings:
Subaru Crosstrek - 85
Hyundai Kona - 78
Nissan Rogue Sport (Qashqai) - 78
Mazda CX-3 - 73
Honda HR-V - 66

Owners: what is your find of the "lows"

·
Registered
Preferred FWD / Deep Crystal Blue Mica
152 Posts
Something is very off on the report. Coming from a HR-V to the CX-30 there is no way the HR-V ranks higher. My CX-30 beats the HR-V in every department hands down. Engine noise? There is no noise,

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Something is very off on the report. Coming from a HR-V to the CX-30 there is no way the HR-V ranks higher. My CX-30 beats the HR-V in every department hands down. Engine noise? There is no noise,
I would agree, I rank my Kia Soul way better than the HR-V, also I've gone over the Qashqai in detail, I would not rank it above the CX-30 particular in the area of the power-train.

·
Registered
2020 AWD Select Machine Gray Metallic Mobil 1 0w20
98 Posts
Thanks for sharing that conwelpic. I've had several Mazdas in the past. The Skyactiv powertrain is very solid.

The transmission could "ideally" use a gear or two more. But overall, I love it. You do have to get on it at times and at low speeds it isn't the best. All things considered though this is a fantastic car for the money. And it has what I consider to be one of the best AWD systems on the market.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was very close to buying a Subaru Crosstrek before getting my CX30, and I test drove it a lot. What really changed my mind was when I was able to drive both cars at the same dealer back-to-back and realized how much quieter the CX-30 was, and it's Ride was much smoother.

So I'm surprised to see CR rate the Crosstrek better than the CX30 for both noise and ride.

I do agree with them that the Crosstrek is probably better at usability though.

·
Registered
2020 AWD Select Machine Gray Metallic Mobil 1 0w20
98 Posts
I was very close to buying a Subaru Crosstrek before getting my CX30, and I test drove it a lot. What really changed my mind was when I was able to drive both cars at the same dealer back-to-back and realized how much quieter the CX-30 was, and it's Ride was much smoother.

So I'm surprised to see CR rate the Crosstrek better than the CX30 for both noise and ride.

I do agree with them that the Crosstrek is probably better at usability though.
My gf has an Impreza Sport which is essentially the same car as the Crosstrek, just lower. I completely agree with you assessment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts