Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GS AWD Crystal Blue Mica
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Kind of funny since the first time they reviewed it a year ago they didn't like it much at all and complained about all sorts of things.

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
641 Posts

Kind of funny since the first time they reviewed it a year ago they didn't like it much at all and complained about all sorts of things.
Maybe the option of turbo changes their perception of it ? Who knows .. still best in class power turbo or not..

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium AWD
14 Posts
Maybe the option of turbo changes their perception of it ? Who knows .. still best in class power turbo or not..
I think it is because a lot of reviewers have a perception of what they think a Mazda should be, and any deviation from that causes a critical reaction instead of just taking the car for what it is.

The Mazda 3 Turbo got a ton of flak because it wasn't a Mazdaspeed3, but when reviewers took it for it was, they had to admit it was an great fun daily car.(Which is what people are doing with their car 99.99% of the time)

Also, if there is one I thing I figured out in life, is that if you're being nitpicked that means you're just that good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I listen to the Consumer Reports podcast but I don’t get the magazine so I sort of get the rest of the story without getting the actual story.

What they were originally saying is that there were no flaws with the CX-30, they just felt that if you wanted slightly better driving dynamicsMazda3 is better and if you want more space the CX-5 is better. They love the 3 and CX-5 and don’t understand the need for a middle ground.

Basically they don’t understand the catagory but I never heard them say anything in the category is better.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
605 Posts
I wouldn't call it a sub-compact SUV, but a compact (same as a Seltos or Qashqai or HRV), to me a sub-compact SUV is a vehicle like the Kona or EcoSport or Renegade.

Reactions: rgs

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium AWD
14 Posts
I wouldn't call it a sub-compact SUV, but a compact (same as a Seltos or Qashqai or HRV), to me a sub-compact SUV is a vehicle like the Kona or EcoSport or Renegade.
Due to the rapidly rising popularity of CUVs, every manufacturer is creating CUVs of every different size and shape. You really can't think too much about it and have to look at them each individually.

Maybe it's different in Canada, but here in the US, it's sub-compact(CX-3, Soul, Kicks, etc.), compact(CX-5, RAV4, CR-V, Rogue, etc.), mid size 2-row(Blazer, Passport, Murano, etc.), mid size 3-row(CX-9, Highlander, Telluride, etc.), full size(Typically truck based SUVs, like the Sequoia, Tahoe, Expedition, etc)

The Seltos, RogueSport(Qashqai), CX-30, etc. are part of the rapidly growing tweener class; they just get lumped into the traditional classes for simplicity. The Seltos is bigger than the "sub-compact" Soul, but it is smaller than the traditional "compact" Sportage. The Sorento and Sante Fe are now tweeners, falling somewhere between compact and mid size.

·
Registered
27 Posts
<<...a(n) great fun daily car.(Which is what people are doing with their car 99.99% of the time)
Also, if there is one I thing I figured out in life, is that if you're being nitpicked that means you're just that good.>>

TZ, every Mazda sales rep should commit these words to memory. If there are roads on the test drive that demonstrate the "fun" factor AND if the service dept. has lowered the tire pressure to spec, the CX-30 is hard to beat at the price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts