Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda cx30 machine grey premium fwd
8 Posts
So after a month and two failed attempts to fix the problem. Dealer called and said its the part of the chassis rubbing against each other. Looks like there was defect in chassis welding. It will require some cuttings and welding to fix. Option A proceed with the fix. Option B contact Mazda to see if I can get a new car. In progress of Option B

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Select AWD
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So after a month and two failed attempts to fix the problem. Dealer called and said its the part of the chassis rubbing against each other. Looks like there was defect in chassis welding. It will require some cuttings and welding to fix. Option A proceed with the fix. Option B contact Mazda to see if I can get a new car. In progress of Option B
Wow! Seriously!? Did the dealership say if it is dangerous to drive on?

How would you go about getting a new car? Does this make it a lemon?

Is there a paper from the dealership that describes this in detail? So those of us who are also having the issue as well can show it to our dealerships as a guide?

This sounds pretty bad. Chassis issues and especially defects on a new car is serious offense. These cars should not have come out of the factory.

Thank you for filling us in on your situation. This gives me a better idea of what could be the issue with mine.

Keep us posted on how you proceed.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda cx30 machine grey premium fwd
8 Posts
A field agent will contact me according to Mazda rep. Haven’t been to the dealer or seen any paperwork. All the exchanges have been thru phone so far. At this point I just want to get a new car and get it over with. But knowing there corps they probably won’t give in so easily.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
A field agent will contact me according to Mazda rep. Haven’t been to the dealer or seen any paperwork. All the exchanges have been thru phone so far. At this point I just want to get a new car and get it over with. But knowing there corps they probably won’t give in so easily.
I hope this works out for you! Good luck!
I am planning on going to a different dealership for mine since the one I went to didn't seem to know how to fix anything about the creaking.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Comfort Plus AWD
7 Posts
Hi guys,
Greetings from Bulgaria!
Unfortunately I have absolutely the same issues as described by mimilano in the first post. The issues occured from day 1, 1st km. I returned immediately to the Mazda dealer, they confitmed that the issues exist, but they don't have an idea from what my be causing it. They checked if there is a manifest from Mazda HQ, but they told me there isn't one. So they offered to leave the car for a few days to look for a solution.
In this regard I would like to ask you have you managed to find an appropriate solution that I can share with them?
Thank you in advance and stay safe!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hi guys,
Greetings from Bulgaria!
Unfortunately I have absolutely the same issues as described by mimilano in the first post. The issues occured from day 1, 1st km. I returned immediately to the Mazda dealer, they confitmed that the issues exist, but they don't have an idea from what my be causing it. They checked if there is a manifest from Mazda HQ, but they told me there isn't one. So they offered to leave the car for a few days to look for a solution.
In this regard I would like to ask you have you managed to find an appropriate solution that I can share with them?
Thank you in advance and stay safe!
Hi Sani,

So far there hasn't been a straight forward solution, and definitely not an appropriate one that any one of us has found.
Until Mazda finds a solution to share with all dealerships around the world, we are all stuck exploring this problem on individual basis.
Can you please tell us where you can was made? I am curious if this was an issue from all manufacturing plans or only one in particular.

Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Sani,

So far there hasn't been a straight forward solution, and definitely not an appropriate one that any one of us has found.
Until Mazda finds a solution to share with all dealerships around the world, we are all stuck exploring this problem on individual basis.
Can you please tell us where you can was made? I am curious if this was an issue from all manufacturing plans or only one in particular.

Thank you
Hi Sani,

Thank you
Dear mimilano,
My car was made in Mexico, I think yours is as well.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Dear mimilano,
My car was made in Mexico, I think yours is as well.
Yes, our cars here in the USA are all made in Mexico. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a Japanese made car because then we could say this is happening everywhere, but unfortunately it seems only for those of us who have Mexican made cars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, our cars here in the USA are all made in Mexico. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a Japanese made car because then we could say this is happening everywhere, but unfortunately it seems only for those of us who have Mexican made cars.
I live in southern California (San Diego area) and have noticed the same issue. I only notice it when I'm opening or closing the hatch or when driving over a dip or speed bump and the rear of the car is at different levels. It's slightly annoying, but I'm more concerned it isn't something more serious. It doesn't sound like it is. It sounds like plastic parts rubbing against each other. Almost like they're too tight or something. That said, a new car shouldn't be making creaking door noises. I just bought the car on August 30th 2021 and I have already contacted the dealership. They are supposed to call me this week, so I can bring it in and have a look.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I live in southern California (San Diego area) and have noticed the same issue. I only notice it when I'm opening or closing the hatch or when driving over a dip or speed bump and the rear of the car is at different levels. It's slightly annoying, but I'm more concerned it isn't something more serious. It doesn't sound like it is. It sounds like plastic parts rubbing against each other. Almost like they're too tight or something. That said, a new car shouldn't be making creaking door noises. I just bought the car on August 30th 2021 and I have already contacted the dealership. They are supposed to call me this week, so I can bring it in and have a look.
Hello. This sounds like the exact same thing that all of us here are having an issue with. Did you get connected with the dealership?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello. This sounds like the exact same thing that all of us here are having an issue with. Did you get connected with the dealership?
My car is going to be inspected on Thursday and Friday . The local dealer still don’t have service instructions from Mazda HQ 😡

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
My car is going to be inspected on Thursday and Friday . The local dealer still don’t have service instructions from Mazda HQ 😡
I doubt that they will unless this becomes a wide known problem across the world.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I will be bringing my car in on November 3rd. They don't have a loaner for me until then. I'm inclined to believe that this in not anything serious. The reason I say that is because I can duplicate the sound just by opening and closing the hatch and I can hear the sound right behind the taillight assembly. Something is too tight or too loose. Hopefully nothing serious. I look forward to hearing what they say about your CX 30 as you will get some feedback before me.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I will be bringing my car in on November 3rd. They don't have a loaner for me until then. I'm inclined to believe that this in not anything serious. The reason I say that is because I can duplicate the sound just by opening and closing the hatch and I can hear the sound right behind the taillight assembly. Something is too tight or too loose. Hopefully nothing serious. I look forward to hearing what they say about your CX 30 as you will get some feedback before me.
On mine they said that some parts are rubbing together but they didn't know how to fix it. I can duplicate it just like you can. Opening the trunk or going over bumps slowly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
On mine they said that some parts are rubbing together but they didn't know how to fix it. I can duplicate it just like you can. Opening the trunk or going over bumps slowly.
That's not an acceptable answer. If there is no way to fix it there needs to be a way to compensate for this abnormality. We purchased brand new vehicles. They shouldn't be creaking like an old house.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys,
Greetings from Bulgaria!
I’m happy to share with you that today my issue with “creaking from rear” has been fixed 😀
The opinion from the repair center was they found missing silicone (around 1-2 millimeters) between 2 rear left panels. They have filled that space with the same silicone and now the car is silent like the Space 😉
I’m so happy and wish you a lot of success!!!
Best regards!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys,
Greetings from Bulgaria!
I’m happy to share with you that today my issue with “creaking from rear” has been fixed 😀
The opinion from the repair center was they found missing silicone (around 1-2 millimeters) between 2 rear left panels. They have filled that space with the same silicone and now the car is silent like the Space 😉
Best regards!
That's wonderful Sani! Now I have some information to take with me on November 3rd when I get my car looked at. And yes, I can imagine how happy you are because if you are like me you really LOVE this car/suv. I'm glad to hear this annoyance was an easy fix. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,
Greetings from Bulgaria!
Best regards!
That's good to hear! Greetings from your northern neighbour :)
I will call my dealer this week and schedule an appointment since I have a similar sound.
I'm just wondering, was the rear noise similar to the one I recorded and uploaded here?
The noise at 1:22 is the most noticeable, probably because the back seats were reclined.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts