Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Astina, Machine Grey, Vinylwrap Blackouts
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a cruise control issue, again :(

I like the have the cruise control activated permanently, so when I hop in the car and drive off, all I have to do is hit set. For some reason when I start the car now, I have to re-activate CC, ie the icon is not on the dash until I hit ON. Got no idea why it keeps turning itself off.

This was happening prior to the 1000km service, were it came good just before the car went into service. So Mazda could not find an issue. Last night issue came back again. All I did was change the night brightness of the center display.

Got any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
106 Posts
According to posting on the German forum this has been solved by latest update of the VCM module to version DFR5-66S01-J Don't know whether these update versions are region-specific though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to posting on the German forum this has been solved by latest update of the VCM module to version DFR5-66S01-J Don't know whether these update versions are region-specific though.
Thanks Ronnie.
I'll pass that info onto my local dealer.

Could you forward me a link to that particular thread, please?

·
Registered
106 Posts
It sure does, lot's of knowledge there. Confronted my dealer couple of times with TSI/TSB numbers for problems of which they claimed there was still no solution ;) .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had the same with my local General Motors / Holden dealer, a few years back. They hated me reading forums and finding info they didn't know about or weren't willing to do.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Can confirm myself that the VCM update (which together with 11 other modules was performed this week on my car) has indeed solved this problem. Also a changed distance for the radar cruise is stored now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's great news @Ronnie.
Hopefully my dealer will pull their finger out and do the update.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I changed from dealership to a certified Mazda workshop (where my former Mazda had been maintained as well) to get it done, was fed up with their unwillingness to provide this after sales stuff which they can't invoice Mazda for.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can confirm myself that the VCM update (which together with 11 other modules was performed this week on my car) has indeed solved this problem. Also a changed distance for the radar cruise is stored now.
Finally, after many moons and visits from me, my CX-30 had the BCM updated today. Seems issue has been fixed. Same with the cruise distance too.
I asked if any other module was updated but they said BCM only.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well, whatever they did or didn't update, glad it got fixed :).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sadly the issue is back, only a week after firmware update :( I'm thinking it's a faulty BCM.

Vehicle was faulting when I took it back to the dealer again. They kept it for a few days to examine and raise a tech case. Got it back as it's a long weekend here so nothing can be done, and all is good so far. Maybe them looking/reading the BCM did something. Anyways, going back for further investigations.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would then insist on having the VCM updated. And when they have the laptop connected anyway, any module update they can find.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts