Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to buy a new 2022 CX-30 Carbon Edition. The dealer is recommending the Wheel/Tire with the Optional Cosmetic Coverage since the wheels are black and the tires are low profile. They are offering me this package for $1295, which will include coverage for 72 months. They are also pushing the extended warranty, which I will not be getting for $1,900. This would include bumper-to-bumper coverage for 8 years or 75K miles.

What are everyone's thoughts on the wheel package and do the above prices appear reasonable?

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 Premium Snowflake White (previously 2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Gray Metallic)
159 Posts
I leased it in June. I turned in my 2020 CX-30 six months early which had 20K miles on it. I got what I wanted but may have “left money on the table”. I didn’t discuss the tire package until after we had agreed to my lease payment and then talked about the wheel and tire package. I said I would agree to a $10 monthly add on and settled for around $11. I don’t have the black rims, but it also coveres 3 or 4 dentless ding repairs on the body work.

·
Registered
2022 2.5 Turbo Premium Plus AWD (Polymetal Gray)
135 Posts
Can buy a set of 4 with tires for less than OP’s insurance quote. Just store them in the basement.

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 in premium trim. Deep crystal blue mica, white interior.
37 Posts
About to buy a new 2022 CX-30 Carbon Edition. The dealer is recommending the Wheel/Tire with the Optional Cosmetic Coverage since the wheels are black and the tires are low profile. They are offering me this package for $1295, which will include coverage for 72 months. They are also pushing the extended warranty, which I will not be getting for $1,900. This would include bumper-to-bumper coverage for 8 years or 75K miles.

What are everyone's thoughts on the wheel package and do the above prices appear reasonable?
Don't buy any of this "fill the dealers pockets" stuff. Put the money in the bank nd pay for what you may need as you go.

·
Registered
22 CX 30 Turbo GT & 22 3 in Soul Red
240 Posts
The finance office is just that, a place for money to be made by dealers. Rustproofing, undercoating, PPF, tire and rim coverage, extended warranties all of it. Now some items are worthwhile, BUT not at the inflated rates charged by the dealers. Huge pass on your quoted coverages.
BTW if you are leasing it, why would you want an extended warranty?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts