Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have been considering the CX-30 as my next car, and am all but ready to sign on the line when the 2021 is released later this month. The only remaining concern I have is how this car has worked out for dog owners that like to hike, camp, and take their pups to dog parks.

Specifically, I'd appreciate any input on the following two questions, but any general thoughts are very useful, too!
  • What are the Length x Width dimensions of the cargo space? I can't seem to find these anywhere. I ask because I want to see if my dog crate can fit flat in the cargo space without putting down the second row (where my dog would be sitting)
  • What, if any OEM or third party accessories have been useful, any you would specifically recommend?
Thanks for any input, I was able to roughly calculate cargo length x width using the recent AutoBlog luggage test but would appreciate an actual measurement.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
410 Posts
this help: (that is the OEM rubber cargo mat in the photo)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@conwelpic - Thank you for the perfect answer to my question! I scoured articles and forums and couldn't find this information anywhere.

Much appreciated!

·
Registered
410 Posts
no problem, I also have the dimensions with the seats down if that is of any help to you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
From some jottings I made on a brochure the maximum rectangular dimension i.e. ignoring the wider bits is 1010 mm side to side and 798 mm front to back. Also the slope of the seat back needs to be taken into account - my guesstimate looks like for every 100 mm of thickness of the "rectangular object" the front to back measurement would be reduced by 30 mm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The folded dimensions would be very useful, too!

@PeterK - that's a very good point, leaves a bit of a triangle of unusable space near the bottom of where the seat meets the cargo area.

I think I'm reformulating my thoughts to put the dog crate folded in the footwells of the back seats, sitting vertically, and turning the Cargo area into a comfortable resting spot for the dog.

Can't wait to join the CX-30 club.

·
Registered
410 Posts
here you go:

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
68 Posts
This is the cargo liner we have in Thailand. Very easy to clean. Our dogs ride here for short trips.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts