Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polymetal CX-30 AWD 2.5L Turbo Premium+
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my CX-30 Turbo last year, my Seattle area dealer had about a dozen to choose from. Now they have zero inventory of CX-30s. What's up? Supply chain issues?

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus
55 Posts
When I bought my CX-30 Turbo last year, my Seattle area dealer had about a dozen to choose from. Now they have zero inventory of CX-30s. What's up? Supply chain issues?
Same here for my dealer in New Jersey... I bought mine early April and there were eight on the lot... A couple weeks later they were all gone and it's been a zero ever since...
Key1

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,364 Posts
just checking my local dealers new stock and it shows 11 new vehicles in stock (there new inventory is generally about 50-60 in normal conditions) - 2 of them are Cx-30's, 8 CX-5's, 1 - CX-9. It's been like this for many months.
These dealers are all on the same street at my Mazda dealer - Nissan shows 19 new in stock, the Subaru dealer shows 9, Kia 13, Toyota 23

It's mostly a combination of the Covid virus and the chip shortage that is effecting most manufacturers. Also many people are placing orders, so many vehicles that make it to the dealers lots are already sold and therefore do not end up on the lot for sale.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just got my turbo a few weeks ago. I literally got the last one they had coming for a few months. Called a few other dealers and it was the same. They had sold pretty much everything. The lot had pretty much no new Mazdas. It was all used cars. Crazy times these days.

·
Registered
CX30 - 2.0 e-Skyactive X MHEV GT Sport Tech AWD - Pearl White
15 Posts
Been like that for a while in UK.
Looking last autumn and all manufacturers I spoke to ( Mercedes, VW, Audi, Toyota and Mazda ) were quoting April May this year.
I managed to find a dealers showroom CX30 that they were willing to sell so took that.

·
Registered
2022 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium Soul Red
53 Posts
Even though I've had my car for six weeks now, I've still been following the ongoing inventory of CX-30s in the New England area. Keeping in mind how these cars are produced and shipped, they arrive in the US in waves. There was a two week lull where there was extremely low inventory or cars in transit. Now the next round of CX-30s have populated the transit list and things are looking less bare. There's 22 cars "on the lot" and 136 in transit across 40-odd dealers in New England. How many of those in-transit cars are already spoken for, especially the high-zoot trims? No idea. But two weeks ago the cupboard was bare. Most of the in-transit cars have ETAs of the 15th-20th.

Right now Mazda 3 inventory is completely dry—there's four new cars listed in the entirety of New England.

Mazda is clearly putting all of their weight behind the CX-5 (and the CX-50 after it). There's 650+ CX-5s either in transit or in inventory across New England.

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus
55 Posts
Even though I've had my car for six weeks now, I've still been following the ongoing inventory in the New England area. Keeping in mind how these cars are produced and shipped, they arrive in the US in waves. There was a two week lull where there was extremely low inventory or models in transit. Now the next round of cars have populated the transit list and things are looking less bare. There's 22 cars "on the lot" and 136 in transit across 40-odd dealers in New England. How many of those in-transit cars are already spoken for, especially the high-zoot trims? No idea. But two weeks ago the cupboard was bare. Most of the in-transit cars have ETAs of the 15th-20th.

Right now Mazda 3 inventory is completely dry—there's four new cars listed in the entirety of New England.

Mazda is clearly putting all of their weight behind the CX-5 (and the CX-50 after it).
Are the 22 cars and 136 cars in transit all cx30s?
Key1

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes, The Mazda website listed 158 total CX-30s for inventory, 22 of which were "at the dealer" and 136 in transit to dealers. I've edited my post for better clarity.

·
Registered
22 CX-30 Premium Platinum Quartz
44 Posts
Around here, in Colorado, dealers list vehicles as in stock once they have a delivery date. We bought ours when we saw one exactly as we wanted on the dealer website. It was no surprise to us that when we went to the dealer they looked it up and told use the date it was due. We test drove a used one, made a deal on the one we wanted. It came in 10 days after the posted due date. They had others "in transit" that were allocated to them but didn't have a due date yet.

Bottom line, listing on the web site doesn't mean they actually have them.

·
Registered
2021 Polymetal CX-30 AWD 2.5L Turbo Premium+
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got news for you, it's not just the cx-30, in fact almost EVERY SINGLE manufacturer/model.
I'm thinking maybe Mazda is just now experiencing the inventory shortages other Japanese brands had 6-8 months ago. Last fall, my brother was trying to find a new Subaru WRX and NONE of the Seattle area dealers had even one on their lots. He ended up with pretty nice 2 years old very low mileage used WRX but he paid only $3K below the brand new $MSRP price!

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30 Premium FWD
15 Posts
I’m being offered $29,500 for my 2021 cx30 premium at the moment. Inventory is dry everywhere and won’t get better anytime soon. The offer is very tempting as I paid less than that to get it.

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Turbo
220 Posts
I'm thinking maybe Mazda is just now experiencing the inventory shortages other Japanese brands had 6-8 months ago. Last fall, my brother was trying to find a new Subaru WRX and NONE of the Seattle area dealers had even one on their lots. He ended up with pretty nice 2 years old very low mileage used WRX but he paid only $3K below the brand new $MSRP price!
The WRX was basically impossible to find on a lot even before the current situation. You almost always needed to order one. But it looks like the car supply is back to where it was last fall, terrible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was going to wait, until the Fall. But, I observed the inventories going down rapidly. The NJ dealers in my area had very little CX30 inventory, except one. By chance, I noticed a Snowflake White/White Leather Turbo PP In-Transit. This was the exact spec I was looking for. So, I met with my sales person and placed a reservation for it. It should arrive sometime in June. This car will be perfect for my wife. Small enough for around town errands, but, good enough road manners for longer trips. I must have road tested this car, for a total of 2 hours. First task will be, to install 4 Vredenstein All Season tires and add some PPF/Coating.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was going to wait, until the Fall. But, I observed the inventories going down rapidly. The NJ dealers in my area had very little CX30 inventory, except one. By chance, I noticed a Snowflake White/White Leather Turbo PP In-Transit. This was the exact spec I was looking for. So, I met with my sales person and placed a reservation for it. It should arrive sometime in June. This car will be perfect for my wife. Small enough for around town errands, but, good enough road manners for longer trips. I must have road tested this car, for a total of 2 hours. First task will be, to install 4 Vredenstein All Season tires and add some PPF/Coating.
That was basically my strategy—call dealers, see what they have on allocation or transit, and work with that. Especially if you want a high-zoot trim in a specific color. Right now expecting to find the exact car on a lot is tricky. If you're not picky about trims or colors it gets a lot easier.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts