Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,390 Posts
I drove past our local Ford dealer this afternoon and things were no better there, most of their inventory was used, very little in the way of new. It was also well spread out so it looked like more 😀

·
Registered
2021 Polymetal CX-30 AWD 2.5L Turbo Premium+
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I drove past our local Ford dealer this afternoon and things were no better there, most of their inventory was used, very little in the way of new. It was also well spread out so it looked like more 😀
Yes - My son looked far & wide for a Ford Escape SUV a couple of months ago and found the Ford dealers had almost no new inventory and the few used offerings were priced at close to new $MSRP. An intensive internet search found a 2 yr. old very low mileage Escape at a spctacular price. He printed it out and went to the dealer to find the on-the-lot price was thousands higher but they honored the internet price so he was lucky.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30 Premium FWD
16 Posts
yeah.....I sold my 2016 kia sportage SX-turbo to "CarShop.com" for 21K after 3 dealerships only offered me 18 or 19K max for it. I used the proceeds to help buy my CX30 Turbo....which is actually noticeably quicker than the Kia.
Key1
Yup. Same thing with my mazda3 premium in 2020, sold it for 4K more than what I paid for it and got the cx30. The only difference is that right now there are no ways to bargain down the price of the new deals. I’m currently paying $245 for my cx30, won’t find that anywhere again. I could get a jeep 4xe at $380 with 3k down but even the gas savings won’t make up the difference.

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 AWD, Carbon Edition (CE)
186 Posts
I'm just glad that I'm out of the auto market for at least the next few years (& hopefully a lot longer). What a mess. I'm pretty happy with the MRSP new vehicle + crazy-good/high trade value deal that I received when I purchased my 2022 CX-30 CE in early February though. Never thought in a million years that I could trade a 2.5 year old car for more than what it was priced at brand new in late 2019. Only an accident or some significant quality/reliability issues with my CX-30 will get me interested in buying another vehicle any time soon, in all likelihood.

Reactions: Steve56

·
Registered
2021 Skyactiv-X 2.0 AT AWD
40 Posts
It's been like that for a while because of covid and the war in Ukraine. Some cars have been delivered with less features, such as crank-operated windows or without the radio and you get a gift card to get one from somewhere yourself. Delivery times are 6-24 months for new cars if you want it factory customized.

The prices are going up. You can get more than you paid if you sell a slightly used car now, especially electric/plugin-hybrid ones as the price of gasoline has gone up.

I think it's going to get worse for a while.

·
Registered
'21 CX-30 2.5 Sky G Pref AWD Red
293 Posts
My local dealer sells them as fast as they get them. Lucky if they get more than a handful of vehicles in a month. I know they were expecting a bunch in January and I don’t think many ever sat on the lot. I got mine off the lot Last June. Don’t think it was out more than a couple days. Ones I saw a couple weeks previous were gone.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
310 Posts
My local dealer sells them as fast as they get them. Lucky if they get more than a handful of vehicles in a month. I know they were expecting a bunch in January and I don’t think many ever sat on the lot. I got mine off the lot Last June. Don’t think it was out more than a couple days. Ones I saw a couple weeks previous were gone.
I bought mine mid may last year. At that time my local mazda dealer lot was full of every model.....when i went back in september for an oil change the lot was almost empty and i was told they just could not get any vehicles and all they did get sold immediately

·
Registered
293 Posts
I bought mine mid may last year. At that time my local mazda dealer lot was full of every model.....when i went back in september for an oil change the lot was almost empty and i was told they just could not get any vehicles and all they did get sold immediately
They only had a couple CX-30s when I got mine, but the lot was pretty full. A lot of CX-5s. Seemed like all models were turning fast though. At that point they shared a location with Hyundai. A couple weeks later they moved Mazda to a new location and that lot has been near empty since last Fall

·
Registered
2021 Polymetal CX-30 AWD 2.5L Turbo Premium+
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
It's been like that for a while because of covid and the war in Ukraine. Some cars have been delivered with less features, such as crank-operated windows or without the radio and you get a gift card to get one from somewhere yourself. Delivery times are 6-24 months for new cars if you want it factory customized.

The prices are going up. You can get more than you paid if you sell a slightly used car now, especially electric/plugin-hybrid ones as the price of gasoline has gone up.

I think it's going to get worse for a while.
crank-operated windows??? Do they still make those?

·
Registered
Enter your CX30 year, model and engine.
19 Posts
I bought my CX-30 in August of last year and I waited a week. My brother is now buying one. He ordered it 7 weeks ago and is still waiting

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 Preferred
11 Posts
Same situation here in the SF Bay Area, the inventory especially the lower trims are slim to none. Most dealers here are asking 2 to 3k above MSRP. They are taking deposits for cars in transit but that only gives you the right of first refusal when the car arrives. They won’t give you a written buyers order for the deposit so it’s kinda shady as they can change the deal when the car arrives or add “market adjustment” or worst yet useless dealer installed accessories. At that point, your at their mercy as they can sell the car to the next guy who’s more than willing to pay their price.

Inventory is low, prices are up but the good news is if you have a late model, clean, low mileage used car for trade in, they are worth much more as well. Just two years ago, I would have gotten just $18k in trade for my low mileage 2016 MX-5 Club. The dealer offered me $23.5K in trade and lowered the price of an in stock 2022 CX-30 Preferred Soul Red to $1K over MSRP…so with the loyalty incentive, I paid $500 over MSRP with no dealer add ons. Two years ago, I would never have paid that price but then again I got $5.5K more for my 2016 MX-5 now and it had more miles…so I supposed it balances it out. I took the deal. I miss my fun but ever so impractical Miata but the Soul Red CX-30 is not bad and infinitely more practical.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
310 Posts
Same situation here in the SF Bay Area, the inventory especially the lower trims are slim to none. Most dealers here are asking 2 to 3k above MSRP. They are taking deposits for cars in transit but that only gives you the right of first refusal when the car arrives. They won’t give you a written buyers order for the deposit so it’s kinda shady as they can change the deal when the car arrives or add “market adjustment” or worst yet useless dealer installed accessories. At that point, your at their mercy as they can sell the car to the next guy who’s more than willing to pay their price.

Inventory is low, prices are up but the good news is if you have a late model, clean, low mileage used car for trade in, they are worth much more as well. Just two years ago, I would have gotten just $18k in trade for my low mileage 2016 MX-5 Club. The dealer offered me $23.5K in trade and lowered the price of an in stock 2022 CX-30 Preferred Soul Red to $1K over MSRP…so with the loyalty incentive, I paid $500 over MSRP with no dealer add ons. Two years ago, I would never have paid that price but then again I got $5.5K more for my 2016 MX-5 now and it had more miles…so I supposed it balances it out. I took the deal. I miss my fun but ever so impractical Miata but the Soul Red CX-30 is not bad and infinitely more practical.
I think i hit the sweet spot buying last may....i paid less than msrp, tho not a ton less, but traded in my 7 yr old gti for 60% of what I paid for it new.

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 Preferred
11 Posts
I
I think i hit the sweet spot buying last may....i paid less than msrp, tho not a ton less, but traded in my 7 yr old gti for 60% of what I paid for it new.
I didn’t do too bad either. Bought my 2016 MX-5 Club in Jan 2017 for $24k as it was a leftover 2016 model, put 32,000 fun miles over 5 years then traded it in for just $500 less than what I paid for it. It does bother me that I paid $500 over MSRP for my new CX-30 but I don’t expect the prices will be coming down anytime soon.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda MX-30 Turbo
272 Posts
Was at my local Dealer today for an Oil Change, Tire Rotation and Intake System Cleaning (direct injection needs it). There were NO CX-30s available, the two Roadsters that were there are GONE, and they have 1 CX-9, CX-5 (non-turbo) and a base Mazda 3. Everything else is GONE and Turbo models are RARE.

BUT, in the showroom was a 1991 Red Miata with 40,000 original miles they took in on trade. NOT for sale. With the pending remodel, they will make it a permanent display in the new Upstairs Showroom.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Wheel Car Tire Sky Land vehicle

Three on the lot Friday.. Only one other new car for sale,a CX-9. I thought it was interesting that they have used cars in front and these were off to the side,

21 - 37 of 37 Posts