Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've earned enough money to buy a car and wanted to take a look at the CX-30. Just a few days ago I took my family's 2014 3 out on the highway at 100km an hour. And I really found it to be stressful to drive.

Road, wind and engine noise was so bad. The ride was firm as well.

I am considering the CX-30 and would love to know how the ride is? Do its tires contribute much? I believe they're Bridgestone Turanza in Canada but my previous 3s were Ecopia.
I want a ride that's super soft and comfortable even when traveling fast over going over railroads, speed bumps and potholes.

How does the car fare at even 100km an hour? My 3s are super loud and even driving 60km in the City it's unbearable.

The CX-30 is off road oriented and targets the Subaru Crosstrek. I've heard Subaru's ride so smooth and a Legacy will be luxurious over an E Class or Lexus LS per Consumer Reports.

Main issues with Mazda's is the visibility and room, as well as parking them. I drove a 2019 3 and found it to be soo smooth and quiet. But the A pillars cut into my vision when turning and the door cards are way to thick. Say I want to roll down my window and grab a parking pass my arm will not reach the ticket booth. Also rear seat room is smaller than the 2012 3. Finally the front end overhang is too long that parking it is difficult.

I'd like to know your opinion.

Thanks,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi guys,

I've earned enough money to buy a car and wanted to take a look at the CX-30. Just a few days ago I took my family's 2014 3 out on the highway at 100km an hour. And I really found it to be stressful to drive.

Road, wind and engine noise was so bad. The ride was firm as well.

I am considering the CX-30 and would love to know how the ride is? Do its tires contribute much? I believe they're Bridgestone Turanza in Canada but my previous 3s were Ecopia.
I want a ride that's super soft and comfortable even when traveling fast over going over railroads, speed bumps and potholes.

How does the car fare at even 100km an hour? My 3s are super loud and even driving 60km in the City it's unbearable.

The CX-30 is off road oriented and targets the Subaru Crosstrek. I've heard Subaru's ride so smooth and a Legacy will be luxurious over an E Class or Lexus LS per Consumer Reports.

Main issues with Mazda's is the visibility and room, as well as parking them. I drove a 2019 3 and found it to be soo smooth and quiet. But the A pillars cut into my vision when turning and the door cards are way to thick. Say I want to roll down my window and grab a parking pass my arm will not reach the ticket booth. Also rear seat room is smaller than the 2012 3. Finally the front end overhang is too long that parking it is difficult.

I'd like to know your opinion.

Thanks,
Sorry like to add that in Canada Mazda Connect is not available it seems so I can't use my phone and check vehicle status like unlock doris or check fuel etc.

I've used a Thinkware U1000 and want to continue using a dashcam. But the 2019 and up Mazda's do not have an ignition off so my hardwired dashcam will drain the car battery?

Thanks

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
660 Posts
sounds to me like the best way to answer your own questions is to test drive the vehicle yourself, what someone else says on some things might be okay for them but not work for you.

I would say the ride is not "super soft", look elsewhere if that is your main requirement. I find the vehicle quiet at highway speeds far quieter than other vehicles in its class and handles great.

Every vehicle is a compromise regardless of the brand so it all depends on what your are willing to trade off for certain features, also depends how much you want to spend.
There is other vehicles with more interior space and slightly larger windows (Seltos for example), but you trade off for that it other areas like the engine and transmission which to me is a big plus for the CX-30, that and the high quality finish of the interior.

Reactions: jhaupt47

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds to me like the best way to answer your own questions is to test drive the vehicle yourself, what some else says on some things might be okay for them but not work for you.

I would say the ride is not "super soft", look elsewhere if that is your main requirement. I find the vehicle quiet at highway speeds far quieter than other vehicles in its class. Every vehicle is a compromise regardless of the brand so it all depends on what your are willing to trade off for certain features, also depends how much you want to spend. There is other vehicles with more interior space and slightly larger windows (Seltos for example), but you trade off for that it other areas like the engine and transmission which to me is a big plus for the CX-30, that and the high quality finish of the interior.
Yes I would like to test drive but my dealers are not allowing me. Also covid risks.

I am springing towards a CX-30 but wish it had Skyactiv-X.

I love Hyundai but the cheaper models like the Kona, or the Venue are too cheap feeling. I love their space and user friendliness.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
128 Posts
Mazda's have a stiff ride which is a trade off for superior handling. If you do not like to drive this is not the car for you...

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
128 Posts
I would not say smoother I owned a 2018 Mazda 3 touring... about the same. It is much quieter however.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
660 Posts
Yes I would like to test drive but my dealers are not allowing me. Also covid risks.

I am springing towards a CX-30 but wish it had Skyactiv-X.

I love Hyundai but the cheaper models like the Kona, or the Venue are too cheap feeling. I love their space and user friendliness.
where are you located that has those restrictions?

I considered the Kona on my comparison list, but took one look at their dash and it turned me right off - looked tacky and a mess with lots of hard plastics.

Reactions: jhaupt47

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where are you located that has those restrictions?

I considered the Kona on my comparison list, but took one look at their dash and it turned me right off - looked tacky and a mess with lots of hard plastics.
In Edmonton Canada.

I mean I could go but my family is worried. Catching covid is easy. But we're allowed to shop weekly with masks for groceries smh 🙄

·
Registered
CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
78 Posts
My CX-30 rides and "feels" like a much more expensive car. It's mostly quiet while cruising - under moderate to hard acceleration the engine sounds like a Singer sewing machine; the biggest detractor from the car being something like "near luxury". I have quite a bit of Mazda experience - I own a 2000 Millenia and a 2006 Mazda3 both bought new - and the CX-30 is far, far better in quality and feel. The Millenia was intended to be Mazda's first model of an offshoot luxury brand that never happened and the CX-30 is much better. Driving the CX-30 is not stressful at all - we have a turnpike that runs north and south across most of our state that I can easily set the cruise control on 90 mph and feel very comfortable. (for those nervous types, there is little other traffic in my rural area...in my Corvette I can set the cruise at 100-110 without a problem... 🤪 ) The Millenia or Mazda3...in those, it would have been stressful even when they were new. I would not hesitate to buy a replacement CX-30 if I needed too. Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My CX-30 rides and "feels" like a much more expensive car. It's mostly quiet while cruising - under moderate to hard acceleration the engine sounds like a Singer sewing machine; the biggest detractor from the car being something like "near luxury". I have quite a bit of Mazda experience - I own a 2000 Millenia and a 2006 Mazda3 both bought new - and the CX-30 is far, far better in quality and feel. The Millenia was intended to be Mazda's first model of an offshoot luxury brand that never happened and the CX-30 is much better. Driving the CX-30 is not stressful at all - we have a turnpike that runs north and south across most of our state that I can easily set the cruise control on 90 mph and feel very comfortable. (for those nervous types, there is little other traffic in my rural area...in my Corvette I can set the cruise at 100-110 without a problem... 🤪 ) The Millenia or Mazda3...in those, it would have been stressful even when they were new. I would not hesitate to buy a replacement CX-30 if I needed too. Good luck!
Thanks lol. I heard somewhere here that nvh and quietness feels like a Lexus ES 2019 🙏😍
I love smooth and quiet on these bad roads 👍😙

·
Registered
163 Posts
CX 30 is a nice car with lots of good selling points. I keep hearing you emphasize smooth ride. That is not one of it's strengths. If that is your top or near top priority you had best do some thorough testing on rough road surfaces to know what you are getting into and avoid disappointment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CX 30 is a nice car with lots of good selling points. I keep hearing you emphasize smooth ride. That is not one of it's strengths. If that is your top or near top priority you had best do some thorough testing on rough road surfaces to know what you are getting into and avoid disappointment.
Yes I love a soft ride. New Mazda's ride very soft. Been in a 2019 3 sedan base and loaner CX-5 GT with parchment interior (2nd gen).

Both very quiet and smooth. But I didn't like visibility or the lack of room, especially the 3.

Subaru makes good cars and I'm leaning towards them but I'm concerned with engine refinement, dealer being far away and the interior looks cheap, except the new Legacy.
Visibility is nice with lots of glass and room.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I own a 2017 CX5 and a 2020 3. The 5 has average ride quality with better handling than others in its class. The 3 rides far less comfortably. The trade off is the 3 is a lot more fun to drive and it's usually the 5 that gets left behind in the garage by me . Wife prefers to drive 5 and does not mind riding in the 3 so it all works out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I own a 2017 CX5 and a 2020 3. The 5 has average ride quality with better handling than others in its class. The 3 rides far less comfortably. The trade off is the 3 is a lot more fun to drive and it's usually the 5 that gets left behind in the garage by me . Wife prefers to drive 5 and does not mind riding in the 3 so it all works out.
Hopefully the new CX-5 in 2022 will be so good lol.

But man I used to love Toyota. Wouldn't bother getting a Rav4. Too unrefined for my taste.

The Hyundai Santa Fe looks good too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts