Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
CX-30 XD-L Skyactiv-D 1.8 6AT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a new CX-30 diesel in Japan about 6 months ago. I love driving this car and wanted to share some thoughts with other owners in this community. I have previously owned a Prius, Odyssey and Accord. So, this is my first time to buy a Mazda. So far so good! Looking forward to good discussions!

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
276 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Thailand and congratulations on your new Mazda. Interesting how models differ by country as a diesel engine is not available here in Thailand. We only have one engine available and it is the 2.0 liter gas engine.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
423 Posts
Welcome to CX30Talk

Please take a moment and update your profile. This helps you if you ask questions about your car and helps others know what car you have so they can give you the best answer. Complete your profile like this:
  1. Go to top right, click on your avatar then click on Account Settings
  2. Then in Location field, enter your ‘Location’ (The town and country you live in).
  3. In Vehicle Details: enter your CX-30 details.
  4. Scroll down to the bottom and click on Save
If you are new to forums, or the format of this forum, then read our introduction here.
For reference, here are our Forum Rules

The main areas of the forum are shown here with a short explanation of how they are used:
There are many other forums all of which can be seen by clicking on the Forums icon to the left of your Avatar.
If you want the latest posts on the forum, click on the New icon to the left of the Forums icon.
Look across the banner at the top and you'll see three vertical dots on the right. Click there for fast access to the forum sections

Above all - enjoy yourself.

Martin (Administrator)

·
Registered
2021 2.5 Turbo Premium Plus AWD
95 Posts
Welcome and so happy you are enjoying your Mazda! I bought a CX30 Turbo Premium Plus in
arch and absolutely love it. It’s my 2nd Mazda and I’m definitely staying with them. Congratulations!!

·
Registered
'20 CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
86 Posts
I purchased a new CX-30 diesel in Japan about 6 months ago. I love driving this car and wanted to share some thoughts with other owners in this community. I have previously owned a Prius, Odyssey and Accord. So, this is my first time to buy a Mazda. So far so good! Looking forward to good discussions!
Somewhere around Fukuoka? :unsure: I would have found a diesel interesting - when there was first talk of a diesel CX-5 I was 100% wanting one but Mazda isn't too interested in diesels here in the U.S. for various reasons. The diesel CX-5 was way late to the party and basically a huge failure. My CX-30 is such a nice car that in the end I'm glad I didn't get the CX-5.

·
Registered
CX-30 XD-L Skyactiv-D 1.8 6AT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Somewhere around Fukuoka? :unsure: I would have found a diesel interesting - when there was first talk of a diesel CX-5 I was 100% wanting one but Mazda isn't too interested in diesels here in the U.S. for various reasons. The diesel CX-5 was way late to the party and basically a huge failure. My CX-30 is such a nice car that in the end I'm glad I didn't get the CX-5.
Yes, I live near Fukuoka City. I am surprised you made the association with Hakata. I was initially sceptic of buying a diesel car but now I am very happy with hit. The fuel is about 20% cheaper than regular gas (in Japan) so the actual cost of driving the car is about the same as a Prius (I drove a Prius for 7 years prior to purchasing the CX-30). It is very smooth on the highway and much quieter than I expected. I also thought of getting the CX-5, but I was really impressed with the overall quality of the CX-30 so I am also glad I chose this car. Seems like diesel cars are still popular in Japan as the infrastructure for electric cars is not good enough.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select AWD
96 Posts
Welcome! Glad you are liking your car. Nice to see people from all over the world here.

I remember there was some talk about bringing a diesel engine to the states but I think there were some problems with them in other countries and they decided against it. You can still find some Diesel CX-5s on Carvana I believe from Canada. I would have considered a diesel 30 if they offered it here because of a better gas milage and torque.

·
Registered
'20 CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
86 Posts
Yes, I live near Fukuoka City. I am surprised you made the association with Hakata. I was initially sceptic of buying a diesel car but now I am very happy with hit. The fuel is about 20% cheaper than regular gas (in Japan) so the actual cost of driving the car is about the same as a Prius (I drove a Prius for 7 years prior to purchasing the CX-30). It is very smooth on the highway and much quieter than I expected. I also thought of getting the CX-5, but I was really impressed with the overall quality of the CX-30 so I am also glad I chose this car. Seems like diesel cars are still popular in Japan as the infrastructure for electric cars is not good enough.
My home away from home. :) Ikinomatsubara, Nishi-ku Enjoy your CX-30!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts