Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been test driving a few cars now, and the CX-30 is at the top of the list due to it's increased power and transmission not being a CVT over some of it's competitors. With that said, I have a few questions I was hoping some owners can help with.

I kayak, so need a roof rack for them, and a trailer hitch for a small, lightweight trailer I have.
  • Who has a roof rack? Do you have the aluminum side rails, or just the cross bars that attach to the car like the "Thule" or "Yakima" ones do?
  • Hitch - did you install, or the dealer? Where did you buy it if you didn't get it at the dealer?

Cell phone mount: I have a magnetic cell phone mount right now, love it. The CX-30 dash is all soft surface, so where do you mount your cell phones (other than windsheild)?

Remote car starter: Did you have it installed at the dealer (as none come with it I think..) if so, do you have a second remote, or are they able to use the keyless fob the car comes with using a button combination to start the car?

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 GS AWD, LP, Soul Red
12 Posts
I can only speak of the remote starter, the dealer programmed both of the original fobs the car comes with to be able to remote start using different combinations for each key. I wish I got the cross bars when I signed :( . Keep in mind the CX30 can only tow 1500 lbs I believe

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
471 Posts
Keep in mind the CX30 can only tow 1500 lbs I believe
officially it's not rating for towing, but will probably handle a small light trailer without much problem.

Reactions: MazdaFanatic

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can only speak of the remote starter, the dealer programmed both of the original fobs the car comes with to be able to remote start using different combinations for each key. I wish I got the cross bars when I signed :( . Keep in mind the CX30 can only tow 1500 lbs I believe
That programming you mentioned to the ORIGINAL Fob... that's what I want! What dealership did it, or do you know how they did it, as my local dealer said that wasn't an option... only the $700+ Mazda one.

As for towing, I only have a 350 kayak trailer, nothin major, my old elantra with it's 1.8L towed it without any issues.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That programming you mentioned to the ORIGINAL Fob... that's what I want! What dealership did it, or do you know how they did it, as my local dealer said that wasn't an option... only the $700+ Mazda one.

As for towing, I only have a 350 kayak trailer, nothin major, my old elantra with it's 1.8L towed it without any issues.
That's bizzare, I believe the $730 Mazda remote starter (programmed onto original fob) is an option the dealer provides. Clarify again with the dealer, they probably misunderstood what you were asking. Hope all goes well with your purchase

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry forgot to answer your other question, the dealer told me they will attach a module that connects with the ignition and starter so your remote start will use that module to activate the car.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
100 Posts

To remote start with my Fob, I have to press Lock, Unlock and Look again and it start. My remote system is a 'Fortin' and my car has been delivered with the remote installed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To remote start with my Fob, I have to press Lock, Unlock and Look again and it start. My remote system is a 'Fortin' and my car has been delivered with the remote installed.
Yes!!! Exactly what I was looking at! So, to confirm, you also had to get a 3rd key for them to pull apart and use the chip to hide in the car for it to work correct? I’ve been told by the installer and fortin directly that there is no bypass yet, so a 3rd key is required.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Preferred Black
1 Posts
For 2021 preferred model you get free connected services so you can start the car with your phone, and designate other drivers to do the same. Not sure if this is only for some trims.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
220 Posts
For 2021 preferred model you get free connected services so you can start the car with your phone, and designate other drivers to do the same. Not sure if this is only for some trims.
I have that feature in my 2020 premium and it is just divine 😍

1 - 11 of 11 Posts