Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Sadly i had a major accident last week.
I was hit by another car with almost 100km/h (the driver ignored a red light).

I was injured but the ER doctors told me that the Mazda CX-30 saved my life.

The moment of impact was huge. All airbags did their job thankfully!
The car also made the emergency call by itself.
I have a lot of physical problems because of the impact. But i will take it for granted.
If I had been in a smaller car, I would not have been able to tell.

Current and future owners of this car, cherish it! it is a super safe car!!!

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
437 Posts
I'm sorry this happened to you but glad your CX 30 made you safe with little injuries. Goes to show how much thought Mazda put Into crash safety and I know for seeing the crash tests I feel safe knowing that I would be ok in worst case scenario.

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
401 Posts
Sorry to hear if your RTA.. at least the cx30 did its job and protected you and your passengers..
I'm sure the scratches on the cx30 will polish out.😎

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!
For me it’s a no brainer choosing the CX-30 again. I still have to wait for the insurance decision. They think the car is a totall loss and has to be replaced.

Keep you updated, thanks again!

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
401 Posts
Thanks guys!
For me it’s a no brainer choosing the CX-30 again. I still have to wait for the insurance decision. They think the car is a totall loss and has to be replaced.

Keep you updated, thanks again!
Personally I would push for the cx30 to be replaced...A repaired car is never the same as it was....
At least you've had a good test drive ☺ and take the opportunity for an upgrade👌😎

·
Registered
109 Posts
That's awful. I hope you have a quick recovery from your injuries.
But also glad to hear the safety features worked and avoided a worse outcome.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
21 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you fully recover and your recovery is as swift and as pain-free as possible.

Say thank you to your CX-30. Looks like it did what it was designed for and you're here to tell the tale.

·
Registered
34 Posts
About a year ago my brother was in a similar accident. We saw first hand how his 2014 Honda CRV absorbed the impact in a way that totaled the car, but he walked away with some bruises and a sprained ankle. That was when I looked at my 2008 Honda Element and realized that it pre-dated a lot of the new safety requirements and I needed to start looking for a new car, even though the Element was running fine. That's what led me to the CX-30.

I hope none of us ever need to put those safety features to the test, but it is good to know that they are there when we need them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for the compassion and positive vibes. Means a lot. I am doing well with the recovery thankfully.

The insurance company has declared the car a total loss. Now I have to wait for the approval to replace the car. It won't be January before the new one arrives at the earliest.

Keep you guys posted!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm sorry this happened to you but glad your CX 30 made you safe with little injuries. Goes to show how much thought Mazda put Into crash safety and I know for seeing the crash tests I feel safe knowing that I would be ok in worst case scenario.
it is nice to know that the car takes such good care of your safety!

Thanks for the sympathy, cheers! 👍🏼

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry to hear if your RTA.. at least the cx30 did its job and protected you and your passengers..
I'm sure the scratches on the cx30 will polish out.😎
No need to polish this one anymore😬🤷🏼‍♂️.
Thanks for your comment ✅👍🏼

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you fully recover and your recovery is as swift and as pain-free as possible.

Say thank you to your CX-30. Looks like it did what it was designed for and you're here to tell the tale.
I will give it a good farewell speech🙏🏼
And a big thumbs up to Mazda and it’s designers👍🏼👍🏼

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
About a year ago my brother was in a similar accident. We saw first hand how his 2014 Honda CRV absorbed the impact in a way that totaled the car, but he walked away with some bruises and a sprained ankle. That was when I looked at my 2008 Honda Element and realized that it pre-dated a lot of the new safety requirements and I needed to start looking for a new car, even though the Element was running fine. That's what led me to the CX-30.

I hope none of us ever need to put those safety features to the test, but it is good to know that they are there when we need them.
I hope your brother is doing fine by now?

I always drove lowered / sportive cars until I bought the CX-30. I believe that sometimes things happen because it should have been...

Like a said before, choosing a Mazda CX-30 is one of the better decisions I made in my life so far💪🏼✅

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
437 Posts
I hope your brother is doing fine by now?

I always drove lowered / sportive cars until I bought the CX-30. I believe that sometimes things happen because it should have been...

Like a said before, choosing a Mazda CX-30 is one of the better decisions I made in my life so far💪🏼✅
When I saw the euro crash safety tests and how high it rated.. it was definitely a factor in my decision of the CX 30 and I hope in your case you get back on the road stress free and safely for years to come and hope the process to another CX 30 is a easy one insurance coverage wise that I hope they help you on getting another one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When I saw the euro crash safety tests and how high it rated.. it was definitely a factor in my decision of the CX 30 and I hope in your case you get back on the road stress free and safely for years to come and hope the process to another CX 30 is a easy one insurance coverage wise that I hope they help you on getting another one.
It seems replacement is on it’s way👍🏼

I have multiple options:
- wait for the 2021 model (what i heard, the X engine will get a 6 bhp upgrade) and some other little updates

- wait for the CX-50 ?? (The new CX-5)

- wait for the turbo version..sounds like a fairytale

1 - 20 of 20 Posts