Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out how to silence or at least tone down the BRRINGG BRRINGG BRRINGG BRRINGG when starting the car? I have searched the manual and dug through the menus but have not found a way to alter the annoying startup chimes.

·
Registered
2020 Premium, AWD; Soul Red Crystal
33 Posts
I tried the same as you when first getting the vehicle --- to no avail. The only way you can silence those chimes is to first fasten your seat belt -- and magically, peace and quiet.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT AWD - Soul Red Crystal
115 Posts
I’ve seen someone mention the use of a seatbelt extender ......

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium FWD in Machine Gray Metallic
48 Posts
I, too, find the chiming annoying. I'd like to be able to get in, start the car, put the windows down, get the a/c going strong, and remove and stow the windshield sun shade before I put on my seat belt. But nooooo . . . . the nanny in the machine says BAD DRIVER!, DING! DING! DING!.

So silly. I hope Mazda reads some of these comments.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
178 Posts
Lol have someone take their seatbelt off in the back or front while you are still driving .. it really gets mad lol DING DING DING DING DING! Had a passenger in the back do that .. guess what they did right away ... Clicked their seatbelt back on so it would stop the DING LMAO 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
127 Posts
Lol have someone take their seatbelt off in the back or front while you are still driving .. it really gets mad lol DING DING DING DING DING! Had a passenger in the back do that .. guess what they did right away ... Clicked their seatbelt back on so it would stop the DING LMAO 🤣🤣🤣
😂😂 I told my one friend that Mazda has a safety feature that the airbag will automatically go off if you don't put the seat belt back o

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium FWD in Machine Gray Metallic
48 Posts
Too funny because it's almost believable. I wonder how it works; pressure sensor in the seat? Makes me think I'm lucky Beckett the beagle only weighs 20 lbs. Would a big dog have to wear a seat belt?

If I were a screenwriter, I could think of several possibilities for hilarious scenes. Trying to get lucky? Fuhgedaboutid

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is about the least offensive (to my` ears) nag seat belt sound I've heard... If I wanted to be really belligerent, I'd duplicate the sound of Euro emergency vehicles (...RAH-rah...Rah...rah...) at ear splitting volume.

That said, when you fly, do you wait for the flight attendant to walk by and request (after instructions from the cockpit you fasten your seat belt) or do you do it by habit the moment you plot yourself into 34C?

Keep it simple: Enter, seat belt, start...you rule!

Safety becomes a habit. Don't take off before all are belted in!

PS: Now if I can only remember to hit the e-parking braking...infuriating!

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
331 Posts
PS: Now if I can only remember to hit the e-parking braking...infuriating!
why, if you do it right it goes off automatically.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to silence or at least tone down the BRRINGG BRRINGG BRRINGG BRRINGG when starting the car? I have searched the manual and dug through the menus but have not found a way to alter the annoying startup chimes.
I have too trim cx30 in Australia , Thailand build and it only chimes on startup if my door is open , doesn’t chime if seatbelt not on and only sends warning sound once over 10 klm hr

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
178 Posts
What do you mean by squat I don't understand my car doesn't do any squatting 😣
I think they mean by the suspention crouching down a bit when put into gear from torque but its nothing majour really just lighty press the accelerator and the parking brake comes off right away as long as you have your seat-belt on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts