Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 turbo Premium
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I'm a very content owner of a CX-30 turbo but I couldn't help but notice that the interior sound of it is much different than the Mazda 3 turbo and CX-5 turbo. Most of the reviews I've seen with the CX-30 turbo support this so I didn't bat an eye until I watched a review from TheTopher, where the sound his CX-30 turbo is on par to the Mazda 3/CX-5 turbos. I'm just curious as to what cause of this is.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 2.5T Premium
22 Posts
From a review I had watched earlier on, apparently an early production "miss" of the CX-30 turbo was too much sound shielding surrounding the engine for the 'performance' noise many people would like. I don't remember which review it was, but I believe it is one of the more popular auto reviewers on Youtube.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The louder engine in the 3 turbo vs my NA was the main thing that put me off a turbo upgrade. Unless it's reving to 8 grand, a 4 cylinder doesn't sound so sporty to me. Some are just louder than others.
I was hoping the 30 did not have increased noise levels with the turbo upgrade. Haven't tried one yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The louder engine in the 3 turbo vs my NA was the main thing that put me off a turbo upgrade. Unless it's reving to 8 grand, a 4 cylinder doesn't sound so sporty to me. Some are just louder than others.
I was hoping the 30 did not have increased noise levels with the turbo upgrade. Haven't tried one yet.
As an owner, it's incredibly quiet and refined, it never overtakes a normal tone conversation. Highly recommend test driving one to be sure though.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mazda CX-30 AWD Turbo Premiun, Soul Red
28 Posts
Agree, if you did not know it had a turbo, you would not think it did, listening to the sound.
You definitely know it has one, due to the get-up-and-go.
I would not mind it being louder but do not mind it being so quiet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I find myself adjusting sound system volume depending on my highway speed. I rather not have to.
There should be pretty good automatic volume control options within the entertainment settings of the nav console. I personally don't like the volume of my music changing without my saying so, but if you're looking to get rid of the annoyance of having to turn up the volume every time you get up to speed, the solution should be there for it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
There should be pretty good automatic volume control options within the entertainment settings of the nav console. I personally don't like the volume of my music changing without my saying so, but if you're looking to get rid of the annoyance of having to turn up the volume every time you get up to speed, the solution should be there for it.
Thanks. I'll look into it. If anyone knows where to look to save me time I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Found the source of the difference in sound between the 3 Turbo and the 30 Turbo. As per this review:

"During my test drive of the CX-30 Turbo, I didn't notice any major faults, other than perhaps the diminished, sports-car-style rear visibility and the fact that the powertrain didn't sound like the Mazda3 Turbo during strong accelerations. According to Dave Coleman, the engineer in charge of dynamics onboard Mazda vehicles, the lack of rumble is actually a production error – remember, the 2021 CX-30 Turbo has only just been introduced to the market."

·
Registered
163 Posts
If I am to have one I must get it before they correct the "error" and introduce the roar I found so annoying in the turbo 3 that my n.a. one does not suffer from.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If I am to have one I must get it before they correct the "error" and introduce the roar I found so annoying in the turbo 3 that my n.a. one does not suffer from.
Yeah while I wouldn't mind the added engine rumble, I don't need to hear engine roar to know it's a nice powerplant and that I'm going fast lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts