Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TL;DR
Is there a running list of verified parts that are cross-compatible between the Mazda 3 Turbo and CX-30 Turbo? It seems more parts are available for the 3, and that'll probably continue to be the case going forward. Knowing which ones will work on either platform would be a very beneficial resource for those who want both practicality and to maximize the performance of their 2.5L AWD Turbo!

_

Given how new the CX-30 Turbo is, there aren't many aftermarket parts/mods available right now. This is shortage is made worse by the (silly) assumption that because it's a CUV, it's not the kind of car someone would or should mod.

I say it's 'silly' because the Mazda 3 Turbo is that kind of car, and we all know how similar they are to one another. In fact, take a look at how the CX-30 Turbo stacks up to cars you wouldn't think twice about suping up!

CX-30 Turbo: 250hp / 320 ftlb / 5.8 sec 0-60
Subaru WRX: 268hp / 258 ftlb / 6.0 sec 0-60
VW Golf GTI: 296hp / 280 ftlb / 5.6 sec 0-60
Ford Focus ST: 252hp / 270 ftlb / 6.3 sec 0-60

...nevertheless, we still have to work with what's available. I'm wondering which aftermarket parts for a Mazda 3 Turbo are interchangable with the CX-30 Turbo. Intakes? Exhaust? Downpipes? Etc.

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Turbo
69 Posts
Corksport has an exhaust, brakes & SRI available, I think the exhaust only has different tips (longer or shorter) vs the 3. Einbach, has Prokit lowering springs available too, but I'm not sure I'd lower this thing, seems like it would be defeating the purpose of it being an SUV.

I think aftermarket support for the CX-30 is likely to be pretty good because of how little development is necessary to convert parts from the 3, the powertrain is identical. Suspension parts might be harder to find.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I saw this thread about CX-30 / Mazda 3 exhaust compatibility, which was definitely encouraging. And the fact that CorkSport already lists a few items as "Mazda 3 / CX-30" (like the SRI) helps me infer that other other Mazda 3 SRIs are likely compatible too.

I'm also starting to notice other compatibilities, for example it seems the CX-30 might share hoods with the CX-3? I would have thought the Mazda 3 would have the same hood...or maybe all 3 use the same part (DKY0-52-31XA).

Gesture Rectangle Font Triangle Parallel

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
180 Posts
I saw something in Reddit about the CX-3 and CX-30 hood part numbers being identical and responded to that post as I will here: there's no way they are the same part. Just spend some time looking at photos of the two vehicles and you can see they do not share the same size, edge shape, or stamping form/features.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw something in Reddit about the CX-3 and CX-30 hood part numbers being identical and responded to that post as I will here: there's no way they are the same part. Just spend some time looking at photos of the two vehicles and you can see they do not share the same size, edge shape, or stamping form/features.
You're right, the contours on the hood are not the same (at least that what it looks like to me as well). It's also difficult to find the OEM part numbers to crosscheck, so perhaps that one website is simply mistaken.

There are some aftermarket hoods for the current Mazda 3 I've been eyeing, a wondering if it would fit a CX-30. I'm sure people have opinions of hood scoops, but I think I'd like this if it would fit.

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Land vehicle

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I guess that would be good and bad news. Bad because I wouldn't be able to make that modification, but good because it'll save me a lot of money 🤑

1 - 7 of 7 Posts