Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus in Snowflake White Pearl
39 Posts
Still doing some research: Have you guys heard of the BFGoodrich Trail-Terrain A/T? Looks to be a direct competitor to the Falken Wildpeaks Trail as a CUV all-terrain tire based on the K02s. Reviews say less aggressive tread, low road noise, longer life. They are also 3-peak snowflake rated. I've been looking at sizes available and it looks like options I can go with for 18" wheels are 225/60R18 or 235/55R18.

·
Registered
2021 Turbo Premium
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Still doing some research: Have you guys heard of the BFGoodrich Trail-Terrain A/T? Looks to be a direct competitor to the Falken Wildpeaks Trail as a CUV all-terrain tire based on the K02s. Reviews say less aggressive tread, low road noise, longer life. They are also 3-peak snowflake rated. I've been looking at sizes available and it looks like options I can go with for 18" wheels are 225/60R18 or 235/55R18.
Yup, I was looking at them too but was torn between the Falkens and the BFGs.
Falken ATs seem to be the go-to tire for all the crossover crowd, BFG ATs have always been the go-to tire for the truck/4x4 crowd.

But by the numbers, the two seem comparable. Similar profiles, similar weights, similar price. :unsure:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yup, I was looking at them too but was torn between the Falkens and the BFGs.
Falken ATs seem to be the go-to tire for all the crossover crowd, BFG ATs have always been the go-to tire for the truck/4x4 crowd.

But by the numbers, the two seem comparable. Similar profiles, similar weights, similar price. :unsure:
I believe the Falken Wildpeaks Trail are popular and the go-to because they're the first tire specifically designed for and marketed to crossovers for light offroading. I've seen a lot of praise for the Falken on the Crosstrek forums because of this (which I go to for references and research since our platforms are similar).

This is why the BFG Trail-Terrain's are an intriguing option: they're integrating the KO2 design into a direct competitor to the Wildpeaks specifically for our kind of vehicle. They just released it last month, so these tires are super new. I don't think it's that significant, but Discount Tire puts the BFG's as the "Best" tire option and the Falken's as the "Better" tire option. As you said, lupineblue, similar price.

What do you guys think about which above proposed sizes to go with?

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
365 Posts
Those look really good. I bet when it's spiffed up and Armor Alled they knock you out.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts