Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda Cx30 2021 2.0 e-skyactive g 122hp
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please give me your opinion.
I am driving a mazda cx30 and i want to know if i made a good or the best decision.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,436 Posts
vast majority of those vehicles don't even exist in my part of the world, so a bit pointless for me. It would really only apply to where you are located. Shouldn't you be finding out that before you buy the car not after?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vast majority of those vehicles don't even exist in my part of the world, so a bit pointless for me. It would really only apply to where you are located. Shouldn't you be finding out that before you buy the car not after?
Yes i know, but this vote is to share our opinion why we choose the selected car above. For example you may be want an audi but you bought a mazda for several reasons.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member here. Ordered a CX-30, ETA March 2022. I went with the Mazda for the interior and driving feeling, and reliability was also a huge win for the Mazda. I have a friend with a 1.5 L on the H-RV and oil dilution is simply horrible (4000-5000 miles between oil changes). The only minor issues from friends owning Mazdas are paint chips and piano black scratches.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,436 Posts
Yes i know, but this vote is to share our opinion why we choose the selected car above. For example you may be want an audi but you bought a mazda for several reasons.
okay, when I shop I make up a spreadsheet of all the vehicles that I would remotely consider and compare prices, features and specs, that soon eliminates quite a lot, I also have a rough amount as to how much I would like to spend and try to stay within that budget. I also had certain things I was looking for in the next vehicle. I was coming from a 2016 Kia Soul SX, my 3rd Kia product.

I narrowed it down to three vehicles that on paper looked potentials for a closer look (where I take lots of photos so I can make comparisons later as you can't remember everything) and can sit in them and take my time checking them out closely. All three were in roughly the same general price area. My top three choices were:
Kia Seltos EX AWD
Nissan Qashqai SV FWD
Mazda CX-30 GS FWD

In comparing all the photos I took (the sales people at each dealership gave me as much time as I wanted and left me alone) I decided to it was time to actually drive the products. I was very impressed with the inside finished of the CX-30 as compared to the other two, but it did not have quite as much rear foot room or cargo space, but that was not a top priority for me as only two people ride in the car most of the time.
I drove a CX-30 GS AWD over a set route, then a few days later I took out a Seltos LX FWD (the EX model they had in was already sold, but I could check out the interior) over the same exact route and the handling and ride and quietness was like night and day. Didn't even both with the Qashqai. I also been reading on online Soul forums about the problems with the Kia IVT transmissions which was not encouraging and the same transmission and engine is used in the Seltos, and in checking on the Soul and Seltos forums today that is still an ongoing problem, also the odd engine has had to be replaced. The CX-30 just felt a much higher level product compared to the others even though it was in the same price range and category.

They did not have the specific model or colour I was interest in, but in checking their upcoming inventory they had one in the pipeline and would be about 4-5 weeks before it would arrive at the dealership, so I had first choice of taking it. No deposit was required. When it arrived I drove it again with my wife and we made the deal.

Reactions: Junipero and Cpissa

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi
i got my cx30 turbo last week. I come from Mercedes GLA which was a lease and it ended. i tried to get another new GLA but they jacked up the prices so high so i
tried different cars and cx30 was the closest to gla .
cx30 power is almost the same but gla deliver faster .
cx30 suspension is much softer but the big difference is the
gas mileage. i would get 600 km with full tank with gla but cx30 is about 480.
that could be because of gla's dual clutch transmission .the other things i noticed
so far.
-cx30 seats are more comfortable.
-gla's speakers have better sound quality than Bose speakers.
-brakes are the same.
-cx30 has brighter head light.
i didn't get a chance to test the awd system yet ,just waiting for snow.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We test drove the Kona and found it to be nice but a little bit "cheap" feeling and sluggish. Not a fan of the feature that turns the car off at stoplights, but that can be disabled (not a hybrid, but a function that reduces emissions possibly?). I've been a lifelong Toyota fan but wanted to go with Mazda based on test drives and reviews. I've not been disappointed.

·
Registered
2022 Mazda CX30 Limited in Snowflake White Pearl
140 Posts
We test drove the Kona and found it to be nice but a little bit "cheap" feeling and sluggish. Not a fan of the feature that turns the car off at stoplights, but that can be disabled (not a hybrid, but a function that reduces emissions possibly?). I've been a lifelong Toyota fan but wanted to go with Mazda based on test drives and reviews. I've not been disappointed.
That is interesting, as we had the same opinion of the Kona. My wife and I took one for a test drive, and it just felt cheap, and budget. The build quality didn't feel good either, and we both felt underwhelmed by the vehicle.

·
Registered
'21 CX-30 2.5 Sky G Pref AWD Red
298 Posts
Besides the CX-30 - The Kona, HRV, eclipse, yaris and a few not listed were on my list to look at. After a lot of online comparison I went to look at the Kona and the Mazda (same dealer). Wasn’t thrilled with the Kona. Loved the blue CX-30 they had. Came back 2 weeks later. No blue. Test drove my red one and bought it.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Skyactive-X FWD, Sport Tech, Polymetal grey
46 Posts
Test drove an Audi Q3 and VW T-Roc:
  • TRoc - no real issues, but once you sit in the Mazda (or Audi) the T-Roc stands out as not a very nice cabin.
  • Audi Q3 - nearly bought, again before I'd driven the Mazda - salesman on the Q3 was a waste of time, + they have a really strange hesitancy on the accelerator - like your always locked in ECO mode.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Test drove an Audi Q3 and VW T-Roc:
  • TRoc - no real issues, but once you sit in the Mazda (or Audi) the T-Roc stands out as not a very nice cabin.
  • Audi Q3 - nearly bought, again before I'd driven the Mazda - salesman on the Q3 was a waste of time, + they have a really strange hesitancy on the accelerator - like your always locked in ECO mode.
So, you conclude with mazda right?
What is that the reasons of your decision?

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Skyactive-X FWD, Sport Tech, Polymetal grey
46 Posts
Went with a CX-30 Skyactive-X FWD

Japan manufacture - reliability.
Sit in it - nice cabin / driver environment.
Simplicity - no apps, no internet, not to much faff to just drive it - its a CAR.
Dealer attitude + stock availability - I wasn't going to wait 6 months.

+ at the end of the day - gut feel - felt right.
3 months ownership -don't regret it - only issue was the dealer put my rear number plate on wonky, 5mm down one end, which I had to correct.

+ postnote - does look very pretty in the Grey/Blue colour. I like blue cars.

·
Registered
2021 CX30
15 Posts
I looked around a bit. Subaru, Honda, VW Taos, and Mazda. I'm 61, probably my last car I will own. Like the AWD, got about 150 miles on it. Had the OEM tires sipped.

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 Century Edition
20 Posts
I did testdrive the Honda and Toyota, but did not like the CVT and the dashboard layout (I am old fashioned and was spoiled by a Mazda 2). The BMW X1 would have been interesting, however it is twice as expensive as the CX30 here in Thailand (over 2Mio THB). Mazda offered a 4 year installment payment at 0% interest.
I immediately felt very comfortable in the CX30 and have not regretted my decision.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hate the iStop system in the CX-30 and Mazda is stil stained from its previous relationship with Ford where it produced unrealiable products.
Ok, to be honest, i dont know about this.
Anyway, everyone has his opinion.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts