Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skoda Kamiq

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX 30, 2021, Select, Machine Gray
35 Posts
When you look at what Mazda as a company is doing, you'll find out they really care. They have divisions that study ergonomics and other emotional aspects such as color and form. It's not about the fastest car (the MX5 has many attributes, but have never tried to be the fastest), it's not about the flashy styling and excess of technology (especially in the interior). Rather, it is about aesthetics (elegant and minimalistic, but superbly sculptured), comfort (seats, materials, interior environment and details, quietness, no distractions), "natural" driving feeling (no drama, no jerkiness, no quirkiness). It is about wanting to be inside the car and, most importantly (at least for me), it is about wanting to look at the car's exterior and feel that the car's style will age very well, as has been the case with older models. I've always found that Mazda has been inspired by the British cars (Aston comes to mind immediately; compare the Mazda Vision concept with the DB11). Instead, German cars' designs have become grotesque (BMWs) or boring (VW). Some Japanese are equally sort of outrageous (Lexus), Koreans haven't yet found their "language" and seem to be experimenting with every new model, and Americans are just lost, and Italians -which may have very beautiful cars- sometimes go for "cute". However, I do think that to appreciate more Mazda's "Kodo" language, you have to study which colors better suit the forms. I've had sporty cars before (TT, GTI). With the CX 30 I don't feel the desire to run or drive like a maniac. It's like settling down and wonder why people drive as bad as they do, and realizing that maybe the cars they own leaves them no choice. ;)

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Skyactive-X FWD, Sport Tech, Polymetal grey
46 Posts
Perhaps 2 niggles:
  • Drivers seat memory - goes up before it goes back - so moving from my wife's position (smaller) to mind (longer leg) it squeezes me into the dash first.
  • Radio - pushing the radio vol button should turn the radio on/off (not mute, not the entire infotainment) - I know there are other methods, the above would be intuitive.

No complaints otherwise - 7 months in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I hate the iStop system in the CX-30 and Mazda is stil stained from its previous relationship with Ford where it produced unrealiable products.
You can disable iStop permanently - there's a switch hidden in the engine bay - Google it. And I'm surprised by your view of the relationship with Ford. In Australia, about 25 years ago, Mazda 323 and 626 masqueraded as Ford Laser & Telstar. Regardless of badge, they were all very reliable big sellers. In recent times Ford & Mazda co-built the Ranger & BT50 (Mazda now co-builds with Isuzu). Again, big sellers but some issues that were later resolved.

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 AWD, Carbon Edition (CE)
234 Posts
I would have purchased another Yaris SE hatch back in 2020 (instead of the disappointing/problematic 2020 TNGA Corolla SE Sedan that I ended up with), if Toyota wouldn't have canceled the authentic Toyota Yaris version after model year 2018 in the USA. Same with the Yaris Cross if it was offered in the USA. I love true subcompact hatches/crossovers, & loved my 2015 Yaris SE hatch 5-MT (before someone rear-ended it back in late 2019). I briefly considered the 2022 Toyota Corolla Cross XLE AWD earlier this year, but after comparing that & the 2022 CX-30 CE AWD in-person, I went with my first Mazda instead.

Reactions: Cpissa
21 - 24 of 24 Posts