Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately I have a problem with my cx30. It is started about two months ago. Rattling noise from the engine only when it’s warm .I can hear it only on low RPM s between 1500 and 3000 RPM. Does anybody had the same problem ?
In Mazda Germany they have told me that it is a normal noise from the engine. But for me it strange that the engine started rattling after 6000 km. One of the mechanics by Mazda told me that they have a costumers complaints about this.
Please help.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
90 Posts
Watch all the videos on Youtube regarding the new Skyactive X Engine. There are many sounds with this engine that will sound strange compared to Normal NA engines. The reason the Engine cover is so extensive is to suppress as much of these noises as possible.

A rattle at lower RPM's sounds to me like Pre Detonation. Which this engine does do sometimes... Dave Coleman has said it will not effect the durability of the motor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Watch all the videos on Youtube regarding the new Skyactive X Engine. There are many sounds with this engine that will sound strange compared to Normal NA engines. The reason the Engine cover is so extensive is to suppress as much of these noises as possible.

A rattle at lower RPM's sounds to me like Pre Detonation. Which this engine does do sometimes... Dave Coleman has said it will not effect the durability of the motor.
Thank you for your response.
I already looked at all of them but non of them has this noise.
I also spoked with the mechanics at the Mazda dealer and he told me that this is a noise that should not be there but after contacting Mazda Germany he was told that it is ok. I also drove with a different car but the same model and the engine and it was quiet. He told me that this problem has something to do with the compressor. Mazda is looking for a solution to solve this problem. So far it is not recognized as a technical problem. Unfortunately for me as an owner of this car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thank you for your response.
I already looked at all of them but non of them has this noise.
I also spoked with the mechanics at the Mazda dealer and he told me that this is a noise that should not be there but after contacting Mazda Germany he was told that it is ok. I also drove with a different car but the same model and the engine and it was quiet. He told me that this problem has something to do with the compressor. Mazda is looking for a solution to solve this problem. So far it is not recognized as a technical problem. Unfortunately for me as an owner of this car.
On the german cx30 forum there are others with this compressor issue. Here is the link. One guy said it sounds like chewbacca lol, is this what you are experiencing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts