Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately I have a problem with my cx30. It is started about two months ago. Rattling noise from the engine only when it’s warm .I can hear it only on low RPM s between 1500 and 3000 RPM. Does anybody had the same problem ?
In Mazda Germany they have told me that it is a normal noise from the engine. But for me it strange that the engine started rattling after 6000 km. One of the mechanics by Mazda told me that they have a costumers complaints about this.
Please help.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
135 Posts
Watch all the videos on Youtube regarding the new Skyactive X Engine. There are many sounds with this engine that will sound strange compared to Normal NA engines. The reason the Engine cover is so extensive is to suppress as much of these noises as possible.

A rattle at lower RPM's sounds to me like Pre Detonation. Which this engine does do sometimes... Dave Coleman has said it will not effect the durability of the motor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Watch all the videos on Youtube regarding the new Skyactive X Engine. There are many sounds with this engine that will sound strange compared to Normal NA engines. The reason the Engine cover is so extensive is to suppress as much of these noises as possible.

A rattle at lower RPM's sounds to me like Pre Detonation. Which this engine does do sometimes... Dave Coleman has said it will not effect the durability of the motor.
Thank you for your response.
I already looked at all of them but non of them has this noise.
I also spoked with the mechanics at the Mazda dealer and he told me that this is a noise that should not be there but after contacting Mazda Germany he was told that it is ok. I also drove with a different car but the same model and the engine and it was quiet. He told me that this problem has something to do with the compressor. Mazda is looking for a solution to solve this problem. So far it is not recognized as a technical problem. Unfortunately for me as an owner of this car.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I also spoked with the mechanics at the Mazda dealer and he told me that this is a noise that should not be there but after contacting Mazda Germany he was told that it is ok. I also drove with a different car but the same model and the engine and it was quiet. He told me that this problem has something to do with the compressor. Mazda is looking for a solution to solve this problem. So far it is not recognized as a technical problem. Unfortunately for me as an owner of this car.
On the german cx30 forum there are others with this compressor issue. Here is the link. One guy said it sounds like chewbacca lol, is this what you are experiencing?

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Premium
5 Posts
I have the SAME problem! I have a CX-30 2020. Taking it into the dealership tomorrow to get it fixed. Your answers will help let them know I'm not crazy. It comes around when decelerating at low speeds - 5-15 mph. Very annoying.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium 2.5
30 Posts
Did you ever get this resolved? I have been having my dealer try to figure out the same thing on mine with no luck. Mine sounds like gravel/rattle/vibrations from 2500 to 3000 rpm under load (accelerating up a hill is most pronounced). Super annoying and bad sounding

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Premium
5 Posts
Did you ever get this resolved? I have been having my dealer try to figure out the same thing on mine with no luck. Mine sounds like gravel/rattle/vibrations from 2500 to 3000 rpm under load (accelerating up a hill is most pronounced). Super annoying and bad sounding
The dealer could not duplicate the sound. I tried to record the sound as proof, but it has settled into such a low rumble that I can hear it, but the service guy could not. Very frustrating. I'm going to continue to try to capture the sound - which has oddly lessened over time, yet is still there. It is super annoying.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Select AWD
136 Posts
The dealer could not duplicate the sound. I tried to record the sound as proof, but it has settled into such a low rumble that I can hear it, but the service guy could not. Very frustrating. I'm going to continue to try to capture the sound - which has oddly lessened over time, yet is still there. It is super annoying.
Have them drive the car. I feel like its more of a feel that something that could be heard. What do you think?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium 2.5
30 Posts
I also had the service writer and tech drive it with me, showed them how to duplicate it. They still haven't figured it out yet - but the are suspecting the exhaust somehow.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I also had the service writer and tech drive it with me, showed them how to duplicate it. They still haven't figured it out yet - but the are suspecting the exhaust somehow.
Ok that's not a bad observation from them. When I was picking up my car from the dealership after I bought it, I noticed that at idle the right exhaust pipe was rattling, whereas the left was not. Now, though after 1500 miles that has improved, I too had the feeling that there was something there with the exhaust as it shouldn't shake.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Premium
5 Posts
Have them drive the car. I feel like its more of a feel that something that could be heard. What do you think?
Welp - they drove the car at the time of the service appt, twice, and couldn't hear it. But I agree, it is more of a feel than a sound. It is coming from the front of the car (not the exhaust). They said I could come back in any time. At this point I'm just driving with it and will bring it up at the next check in. This is the only negative thing about this car. Otherwise, everything else works well. Is this a common issue?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium 2.5
30 Posts
I'm feeling the same. Great car, shitty noise. haha

Mine is definitely a noise and a vibe - passengers have commented on it.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium 2.5
30 Posts
And it doesn't seem "common". The dealer hasn't had anyone else complain about the same noise, so I feel like an absolute neurotic person bringing it back time after time. lol

·
Registered
136 Posts
Honestly, though this is a problem I am happy there multiple of us experiencing this issue, this way Mazda can realize than something is going on

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium (Polymetal Gray)
30 Posts
And it doesn't seem "common". The dealer hasn't had anyone else complain about the same noise, so I feel like an absolute neurotic person bringing it back time after time. lol
No noise seems common to a dealership's service department. They could have seen 100 cases but will always say "well, this is a new one on me". It's a way to disavow knowledge and act like it's not common and really something they haven't seen before.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts