Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
CX30 GT Sport 2.0 SkyActiveX Auto 2WD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the UK and have a CX30 GT Sport 2.0 SkyActive X, 2WD auto model. And it's lovely. Very happy on pretty much every level.

But...there's something strange happening under acceleration - most noticeable when changing speed fairly gently. I hear a noise from the rear of the car, which I can't quite describe. It might be a faint rattle, or a buzz, or something grinding, or maybe even a flutter. But it's definitely there. I was wondering if it would disappear after a few thousand miles, but it's still there and hasn't changed in tone or frequency. If I had to guess, I would say the sound might be coming from an exhaust or maybe the mild hybrid system. Annoyingly, the sound doesn't appear when stationary so I can't listen to it from the outside.

There seems to be no impact on performance, but given how quiet the car is at speed, it's something that I do notice. Looking back at this forum, it looks like there are a couple of threads about this

I can't seem to find a resolution to this in any of the discussions. Is the consensus that this is a "take it to the dealer" sort of thing?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Select AWD
146 Posts
I'm in the UK and have a CX30 GT Sport 2.0 SkyActive X, 2WD auto model. And it's lovely. Very happy on pretty much every level.

But...there's something strange happening under acceleration - most noticeable when changing speed fairly gently. I hear a noise from the rear of the car, which I can't quite describe. It might be a faint rattle, or a buzz, or something grinding, or maybe even a flutter. But it's definitely there. I was wondering if it would disappear after a few thousand miles, but it's still there and hasn't changed in tone or frequency. If I had to guess, I would say the sound might be coming from an exhaust or maybe the mild hybrid system. Annoyingly, the sound doesn't appear when stationary so I can't listen to it from the outside.

There seems to be no impact on performance, but given how quiet the car is at speed, it's something that I do notice. Looking back at this forum, it looks like there are a couple of threads about this

I can't seem to find a resolution to this in any of the discussions. Is the consensus that this is a "take it to the dealer" sort of thing?

Thanks.
Hi Alex,

So far it has been a take it to the dealership kind of situation, because non of us who have the same or similar issues, have a straight forward answer as to what it is without having it checked out first. In my case, I don't even know what it is yet and I have similar issue.
The dealership would be the first place to go and start the inspection and concession.
Keep us updated.

·
Registered
CX30 GT Sport 2.0 SkyActiveX Auto 2WD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks to mimilano for the kind reply. I will indeed take this one to the dealership.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks to mimilano for the kind reply. I will indeed take this one to the dealership.
Ahh, thank you Alex. By the way "The dealership would be the first place to go and start the inspection and concession." In this sentence I meant to say inspection and connection, not concession. Meaning start connecting the dots and figuring out what it could be.
So far we have someone who had his transmission replaced and is happy with the results. Besides that, not much else.
Good luck!

·
Registered
146 Posts
So I spoke to my local mechanic to get a second opinion on this.
I told him, this is a brand new Mazda CX-30, with 4500 miles on it, it has vibrations at 25-35 ; 45-55 ; 65-75 ,etc mph. As soon as he heard that, he got real uncomfortable, tense and said "this is a transmission issue."

The guy has been doing this for around 30 years, he didn't even look at my car and already knew something wasn't right.
He said that a lot of the time the only fix on new, modern cars that have these kinds of vibrations so early on is an update of the computer.

Now that brings me to my second point. I have been posting on this forum about having issues with my transmission too. It jerks, it has grinding acceleration at certain gears and RPM, and I can feel a kick from under the floor right where the transmission is located when driving down the road especially at faster speeds, so it gets worse when going faster.

So for those of you whom are still having vibration issues but not at the expense of the tires or wheels, then look into this. We all know that there are tons of people who have have issues with the transmission and lots who have had it corrected by a computer update.

My mechanic was so thrown off by this, he said if Mazda can't fix it what am I going to do with it to help you out? He said i can look at it but I probably won't be able to help you out.

Now I will be bringing my car into another dealership for another opinion before I bring it back to the one I was originally going to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts