Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new member from UK. Recently bought new model but noticed that on the inside of the rear passenger doors at the bottom road dirt accumulates. Service c e guy at dealership stated it was acting as a mudguard. The manager stated that he hadn't come across this even though he has been driving one. I'm concerned elderly passengers will brush up against this when exiting vehicle. Anyone else experienced this issue and is it normal as no other make of car including Made as has ever had this?

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
102 Posts
The large plastic cladding definitely gathers a bit of dirt on the inside lip, but it hangs below the rocker panel at each door. In vehicles where the door terminates above the rocker panel (most cars), then that rocker panel gets covered in road debris, snow, slush, etc. and then when you go to get out, the lower part of your leg might contact it and get your skin or clothing dirty. With these doors, they cover/mask that area, and it stays relatively clean (but you will get dirt on the inner cladding side). It'd be hard to brush up against the inside of the cladding with your leg when the door's open unless you're in the habit of running it along the bottom edge of the car door.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi ArticHound
Many thanks for your reply. I'll check it out. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
657 Posts
. Anyone else experienced this issue and is it normal as no other make of car including Made as has ever had this?
what kind of a car is a "Made" ?

I thought it was a good set up and an improvement on my previous vehicle.

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 GT Sport Tech Skyactive X Auto Deep Crystal Blue
58 Posts
Yes my CX30 is the same and just recently the mud on the road has certainly shown this. The top end of the tailgate when lifted also seems to accumulate a lot of dirty water which runs down the channels

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes my CX30 is the same and just recently the mud on the road has certainly shown this. The top end of the tailgate when lifted also seems to accumulate a lot of dirty water which runs down the channels
I sprayed mine with ceramic coating. Hoping this will help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Thomas yes these things detract from the vehicle experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts