Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX30 FWD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The transmission on my 2020 CX30 completely failed at 7900 miles. Very disappointing. It was replaced under warranty however it just doesn't feel right. The car seems to have issues finding a gear to accelerate after a downshift on a curve or accelerating from a stop. At times it seems to be on the edge of stalling. Is anyone else having transmission issues with this model?

·
Registered
2020 CX30 FWD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No issues at all. Can you provide more details on the failure? Any early symptoms? Did it just completely fail on the spot?
I took it in for the first scheduled maintenance on a Wednesday. That was oil change, tire rotation, and some sort of recall that was to update the main computer. The following Tuesday it COMPLETELY failed in the parking lot of work. I had no issues on the way to work. I got in the car to go home, put it in reverse and there was an audible "thunk" and a lurch. That continued when I put it in drive. Then nothing would happen when I stepped on the gas. Finally the AT light as well as a warning "Transmission Failure" came on. The car was completely immobile. Had to have it towed to the dealer. The reason given by the dealership for the failure was "faulty parts".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.