Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cx30 GT sport..soul red crystal with ceramic coating....there is a possiblity that its up for sale...

My wife drives the car most of the time.. and has now admitted she prefers the size of the cx3 .. so we're now on the look out for a replacement..
If anyone on here is looking to buy a near new car with 3700 miles in excellent condition.. pm me

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry your
Cx30 GT sport..soul red crystal with ceramic coating....there is a possiblity that its up for sale...

My wife drives the car most of the time.. and has now admitted she prefers the size of the cx3 .. so we're now on the look out for a replacement..
If anyone on here is looking to buy a near new car with 3700 miles in excellent condition.. pm me
Sorry you're stuck with me... Looking around there is nothing that is as good as the Cx30...
😎👍..

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
682 Posts
Sorry your

Sorry you're stuck with me... Looking around there is nothing that is as good as the Cx30...
😎👍..
That is a decision that you wont regret :) Consumer reports the cx 30 predicted reliability to be very good. Overall I can honestly say the next lease will be another cx30 but in the turbo option.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is a decision that you wont regret :) Consumer reports the cx 30 predicted reliability to be very good. Overall I can honestly say the next lease will be another cx30 but in the turbo option.
i love the car as does the mrs, but she prefers the cx3 size..i think its the fact that its hardly been driven and she hasn't had the time behind the wheel due to covid. the car has only done 3700 miles.. i have showed her cars available in that segment, the only one she liked the look of was the ford puma, but she soon got over that when she had a look at one in the flesh...
it shows what a good job mazda have done with the cx30.

·
Registered
‘17 CX-9 Signature & ‘19 Mazda 3 GT
60 Posts
i love the car as does the mrs, but she prefers the cx3 size..i think its the fact that its hardly been driven and she hasn't had the time behind the wheel due to covid. the car has only done 3700 miles.. i have showed her cars available in that segment, the only one she liked the look of was the ford puma, but she soon got over that when she had a look at one in the flesh...
it shows what a good job mazda have done with the cx30.
I had a CX-3 for year until I got rid of it...found that to be too small, cramped legroom and harsh/jarring ride and the 2.0L engine was buzzy and it had a noisy cabin. Granting both the CX-3 and CX-30 have a torsion rear suspension, based on the test drive of the CX-30 and my 2019 Mazda3 which the CX-30’s platform was based from, the CX-30 is only a tad larger than the CX-3 and it has more cargo space, better engine, more sound deadening and a much better refined ride plus the latest safety tech & much improved infotainment system. My wife also liked the CX-3 for its size but since it was my daily driver I didn’t like its ride hence got rid of it. Between the CX-30 and CX-3 I’d choose the CX-30 and hang on to it. Of course, at the end of the day it’s your choice...am not surprised if Mazda discontinued the CX-3 in a year or so as sales continue to decline and more consumers choose the CX-30 over the CX-3.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a CX-3 for year until I got rid of it...found that to be too small, cramped legroom and harsh/jarring ride and the 2.0L engine was buzzy and it had a noisy cabin. Granting both the CX-3 and CX-30 have a torsion rear suspension, based on the test drive of the CX-30 and my 2019 Mazda3 which the CX-30’s platform was based from, the CX-30 is only a tad larger than the CX-3 and it has more cargo space, better engine, more sound deadening and a much better refined ride plus the latest safety tech & much improved infotainment system. My wife also liked the CX-3 for its size but since it was my daily driver I didn’t like its ride hence got rid of it. Between the CX-30 and CX-3 I’d choose the CX-30 and hang on to it. Of course, at the end of the day it’s your choice...am not surprised if Mazda discontinued the CX-3 in a year or so as sales continue to decline and more consumers choose the CX-30 over the CX-3.
Agree.. we've had 2x Mazda 2. And a cx3 before the Cx30....I think the wife has been talked out if swapping...it's a case of sometimes you don't appreciate what you have....until you look around..
Mazda cx3 has been discontinued here in the UK.. they stopped importing them at the beginning of 2020 when the cx30 was launched...

·
Registered
‘17 CX-9 Signature & ‘19 Mazda 3 GT
60 Posts
Agree.. we've had 2x Mazda 2. And a cx3 before the Cx30....I think the wife has been talked out if swapping...it's a case of sometimes you don't appreciate what you have....until you look around..
Mazda cx3 has been discontinued here in the UK.. they stopped importing them at the beginning of 2020 when the cx30 was launched...
On the CX-3s merits, it handled pretty good since it’s small and has a short wheelbase it is very nimble, easy to park and fun to toss around especially in the snow (talk about lots of fun doing donut rings in an empty snowy/icy parking lot) pushing its AWD to the limit - basically a cute fun little hatchback and for someone who doesn’t care for a comfortable refined quiet ride. Unfortunately its days are numbered as the CX-30 is what the CX-3 should have been in the first place!

·
Registered
163 Posts
On the CX-3s merits, it handled pretty good since it’s small and has a short wheelbase it is very nimble, easy to park and fun to toss around especially in the snow (talk about lots of fun doing donut rings in an empty snowy/icy parking lot) pushing its AWD to the limit - basically a cute fun little hatchback and for someone who doesn’t care for a comfortable refined quiet ride. Unfortunately its days are numbered as the CX-30 is what the CX-3 should have been in the first place!
Yes, I really wanted to like the CX-3 and test drove one twice months apart. I still think it the best looking of all Mazda's and was not at all put off by it tight interior dimensions for my purposes. I just could not get past the weak engine, buckboard ride and high noise levels. If had 180 hp to go with the rest of its sporting demeanor, all else might have been forgiven

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Being in the UK.. we only got the 120 or 150 with AWD.. bloody Euro rules

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
270 Posts
Reactions: steve67

·
Registered
163 Posts
Probably should not talk politics, But, .. my family name originated in Wales (Pinion) and I feel an odd kinship to England in general. Maybe I have watched too much of Faulty Towers, James Bond and Sherlock Holmes. Merry Christmas to you Islanders and best hopes as you embark on a future with renewed independence. Best wishes for you E.U. guys/gals too. There is French in my family background as well.(Duval). But then why be exclusive? Happy holidays to all.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Politics and religion is best left to home.😎

When I mentioned Euro.. it was only in relation to the euro rules on co2 emissions..
:oops:

Merry Christmas 🎄

·
Registered
GT Sport Tech - driven by the wife
66 Posts
Production of the CX-3 for 🇬🇧 market ended in the summer of 2018. When I was looking to replace the wife’s 2016 CX-3 with another around September 2018 there were only a few left scattered around UK dealers. No more were being delivered. We found one in the spec we wanted - the last UK Sport Tech auto in Soul Red, stone leather and safety pack. Thankfully, in an odd way, the dealer completely trashed the dashboard whilst trying to remove the display screen to retrofit Apple CarPlay during the PDI so we rejected the car and a few months later got the nicer, more upmarket CX-30 with the auto box - but from another dealer. The wife loves the car but would probably prefer, ideally, something slightly smaller. Somewhere out there must be a 2018 CX-3 with a repaired dash.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Like most people the year didn't turn out the way we expected...the car has hardly been used with working from home
We got a deal to get us out of the PCP at no cost . So the Cx30 has gone...
turned out to be an expensive ornament on the drive ...

So onward and upward...

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
270 Posts
Not quite something to 'like', but good for you for sorting things out.

Hopefully someone will get the benefit of that lovely cared-for paintwork.

·
Registered
MAZDA CX 30 2,000 cc 6 gear auto RED
62 Posts
A DECISION MAKER
All you have to do is take a bucket of soapy water and wash a big car that in its self is a mind changer !
The CX3 puts the Sport back in the Utility Vehicle.Certainly not a " Rodeo Drive " curuiser

1 - 19 of 19 Posts