Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Skyactive-X FWD, Sport Tech, Polymetal grey
31 Posts
Green cars are unlucky, in the UK anyway.

I heard it was because back in the day the national racing car colour was Green for UK- British Racing Green 🏁
The unfortunate side effect of that is you then see lots of green cars crashing, since race-cars crash, which leads to the thought they're unlucky?

Why that would apply to other countries - or even how much truth I don't know. :)

·
Registered
Enter your CX30 year, model and engine.
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I knew that, and I think it also translated to the IndyCar world in the US.

But it's strange because in Italy there were the same horrible crashes all the time with our red cars and that didn't affect the perception despite here in Italy we're quite superstitious.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Skyactive-X FWD, Sport Tech, Polymetal grey
31 Posts
Ferrari & Red is beyond superstition though - its more on the religion end of the scale :cool:

Honestly don't know re green - it does look nice, my brother always goes for green Alfas and they look pretty too.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Premium. Soul Red
52 Posts
Though I did not want one, I asked why there weren't any green Mazdas on the lot. He never really answered, but agreed. Then I saw one! A CX-30 in green! But once I went outside, I realized it was the tint on the dealership windows that made a gray one look green. Dang!

·
Registered
2020 / AWD / Base
44 Posts
Green cars are unlucky, in the UK anyway.

I heard it was because back in the day the national racing car colour was Green for UK- British Racing Green 🏁
The unfortunate side effect of that is you then see lots of green cars crashing, since race-cars crash, which leads to the thought they're unlucky?

Why that would apply to other countries - or even how much truth I don't know. :)
Yup. An old racing thing. That is why Kawasaki embraced the bright lime green for racing back in the day. The claim was faith in engineering, not luck.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Style (SkyActiv-G Automatic)
12 Posts
It's not specific to Mazda, but I think there's not enough colour choice in the catalog. The green one you posted is very nice, a bronze or light blue, or sable would be a nice addition too.
Still, there's more colour choices than Tesla !

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Auto Machine Grey
45 Posts
I agree with RichardL's comment. Green cars are often avoided here in the UK. I have had a green car in the past though and I survived :giggle: Having said that I have always liked British Racing Green and might have been tempted if there had been that choice for the CX30. The colour goes well with black and chrome in my view, as does Machine Grey which is why that was my choice in the end.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Style (SkyActiv-G Automatic)
12 Posts
I didn’t know about the bad luck thing in Britain ! On the contrary I thought green cars were typically British. And dark green suits the best to British cars : Range Rover, Jaguar, Austin Mini, MG, Triumph… are so nice in that colour.
My brother used to have an old Silver Shadow in green.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts