Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX30 / GT Sport Tech / e Skydrive X / Manual / Red
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am looking for the exact outside measurements of the 2021 year key fob so that I can obtain a suitable screening box.
Inches or centimetres either will do,
Thanks for you help

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
I use an old tobacco tin in the house for ours. Small enough to be discrete and even portable if going away.

Reactions: dpaCPA

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Revolution Skyactive X, AWD, AT, Towbar, Soul Red Crystal
11 Posts
You can also turn of the transmitter of the key to save battery and use the key only with the buttons so you don't need to screen your key fob, probably with the key off you can only open/close the car with the buttons but not start it. Here you find how to do that.

·
Registered
2021 CX30 / GT Sport Tech / e Skydrive X / Manual / Red
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can also turn of the transmitter of the key to save battery and use the key only with the buttons so you don't need to screen your key fob, probably with the key off you can only open/close the car with the buttons but not start it. Here you find how to do that.

Thanks for your comment - I was hoping to carry the 'active' key in a pocket but as the car will be parked immediately outside the house the car electronics will be within range and indeed the vehicle could well be unlocked even with me inside the house!!! - time will tell.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
Thanks for your comment - I was hoping to carry the 'active' key in a pocket but as the car will be parked immediately outside the house the car electronics will be within range and indeed the vehicle could well be unlocked even with me inside the house!!! - time will tell.
Whatever protection you choose, put the keyfob, in its protective housing and walk up to the car and see if you can unlock it at the driver's door. If the car doesn't unlock, then you have confidence that the protection is working.

·
Registered
SE-L Lux SkyActiv G
63 Posts
Whatever protection you choose, put the keyfob, in its protective housing and walk up to the car and see if you can unlock it at the driver's door. If the car doesn't unlock, then you have confidence that the protection is working.
I've found tins with a push on lid leak RF and don't work. A metal tin with a screw on top provides a better RF seal and does work. Most RF pouches become ineffective with use and are best avoided.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.