Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX30 premium machine gray
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I noticed when I driving on the highway at night that my headlights on my 2020 Cx30 premium seems to have a shorter distance to cover especially on the left side, I know someone mentioned the right side usually illuminate further than the left but I feel the whole coverage distance is much shorter, to the point were I Almost crashed into one the road work signs. Anyways I made an appointment with my dealership and hope they replace them because they mentioned they can’t do any adjustments to the bulbs or something. I’m sure they are going to fight this. That’s why I’m writing here to see if someone has the same issue.
Also I saw online that the CX30 premium trim received a rating of poor from IIHS I wonder if it’s because of this or something else.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
Also I saw online that the CX30 premium trim received a rating of poor from IIHS I wonder if it’s because of this or something else.
Have you got the link to this? It may help you with your discussion.

·
Registered
2020 CX30 premium machine gray
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
Thanks for the link. The IIHS is US-based, so we will need to see if the European (and other) bodies think similarly.

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Turbo
301 Posts
You might want to check the headlight leveling setting in the infotainment system (See the manual for details). It controls how high the headlights are aimed, it's mean to be set based on the load in the car. The IIHS issue is that they think the headlights are so bright they might cause too much glare for other drivers.

The reason the bulbs aren't replaceable is that their basically aren't any. The LEDs are an array that's built into the housing, they should last as long as the car... in theory. But if they don't it'll be pricey.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just got my cx30 and am mostly speaking based on prior experience with other vehicles. Many modern cars have their headlight coverage go farther on the right than the left (in the countries where you drive on the right hand side of the road). That is to provide you better headlight coverage without blinding the oncoming traffic to your left. In some cars if you park facing a wall or a closed garage door, you can see a very clear stepped top edge of the lighted area - in one car of mine you could see it in both left and right lights, and as the lights come together on the road, it creates stepped coverage where it progressively gets further on the right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.