Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
682 Posts
I put down my deposit on one... I looked at the CX 30 but decided I would wait for the turbo.
haha you have me a little jelious :p just waiting for my current lease to come up and i will be upgrading to it :D PLEASE DO IF YOU COULD PLEASE MAKE A VID OF DRIVING IT AND PERFORMANCE :) I will proably test drive one soon and try and convince my dealer to do a lease pull ahead if they could on my last year of my lease.. my cx 30 is in mint shape as im OCD meticulous so I am sure they could sell it used for a good profit for them.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS AWD
58 Posts
Well you could do a test drive of a Mazda 6 Turbo----it will give you a good idea of what to expect in terms of straight line stuff. I still have my Mazda 6 Turbo and it is amazing. Unfortunately the Turbo is a bit like a narcotic the more you use it the more you want! Budget for the speeding tickets!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well you could do a test drive of a Mazda 6 Turbo----it will give you a good idea of what to expect in terms of straight line stuff. I still have my Mazda 6 Turbo and it is amazing. Unfortunately the Turbo is a bit like a narcotic the more you use it the more you want! Budget for the speeding tickets!!
Testing the 3 turbo hatch would give a much closer approximation with awd, weight and dimensions more in common ,
but what the heck, the real thing will be at your local dealer within days.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Testing the 3 turbo hatch would give a much closer approximation with awd, weight and dimensions more in common ,
but what the heck, the real thing will be at your local dealer within days.
Even tho I have two years left on my current lease.. I'm sure I will be calling my dealership to test one out 😁 or when I'm in fur my next service vin April lol

·
Registered
‘17 CX-9 Signature & ‘19 Mazda 3 GT
60 Posts
Even tho I have two years left on my current lease.. I'm sure I will be calling my dealership to test one out 😁 or when I'm in fur my next service vin April lol
You can always get out of your lease as long as someone is willing to take over it regardless of the time remaining on it. Last year I got out of a 3yr lease with 2yrs remaining on it. Didn’t require to incentivize with cash but the deal was attractive enough due to it came with a set of winter tires and I covered the lease transfer fee of $350CAD. Just advertised it via Kijiji but if that didn’t work I would have advertised it via lease busters. Just an option...

·
Registered
682 Posts
You can always get out of your lease as long as someone is willing to take over it regardless of the time remaining on it. Last year I got out of a 3yr lease with 2yrs remaining on it. Didn’t require to incentivize with cash but the deal was attractive enough due to it came with a set of winter tires and I covered the lease transfer fee of $350CAD. Just advertised it via Kijiji but if that didn’t work I would have advertised it via lease busters. Just an option...
This is my first time leasing.. so if the lease get's transferred over to someone else and day they can't make the payments.. that falls 💯 on them I take it correct? Cus iv never had an issue with that and I certainly don't want the lease company coming after me for that when I don't have the vehicle. I also know that dealerships sometimes will do a lease pull ahead program on say the last year or so as they like lease returns as they can make a good profit on selling it used.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is my first time leasing.. so if the lease get's transferred over to someone else and day they can't make the payments.. that falls 💯 on them I take it correct? Cus iv never had an issue with that and I certainly don't want the lease company coming after me for that when I don't have the vehicle. I also know that dealerships sometimes will do a lease pull ahead program on say the last year or so as they like lease returns as they can make a good profit on selling it used.
As long as the lease has officially been transferred as confirmed by Mazda Canada then you’re off the hook! That’s what I did last year...both parties signed the papers in the presence of the dealership and within 2 weeks the transfer was complete - we had to wait for confirmation for approx 2 weeks for time for Mazda Cda to process the legal docs and the transfer. Even though the other party already had possession of the vehicle which happened during the signing of the papers 2wks prior.

·
Registered
682 Posts
As long as the lease has officially been transferred as confirmed by Mazda Canada then you’re off the hook! That’s what I did last year...both parties signed the papers in the presence of the dealership and within 2 weeks the transfer was complete - we had to wait for confirmation for approx 2 weeks for time for Mazda Cda to process the legal docs and the transfer. Even though the other party already had possession of the vehicle which happened during the signing of the papers 2wks prior.
Something to think about for sure 🙂 I love the CX 30 but more oomph I'm sure makes it so much fun.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Something to think about for sure 🙂 I love the CX 30 but more oomph I'm sure makes it so much fun.
Your other possible option would be for your dealer to buyout your remaining lease and add on that cost to your new vehicle purchase (which I’ve seen dealers do) or another option would be for you to payout your remaining lease then pay the buyout value (like buying the car outright) then trade in that car to your dealer although these options would be costly and you’ll incur a loss in terms of depreciation. Dealers most often than not will lowball you on trade-ins especially when they know they have the leverage as they know you really want to get out of your lease or if they know you don’t have a choice (say you can no longer afford due to financial issues). Your best bet with the least cost would still be someone taking over your lease if you really need to have that turbo CX30 or simply hang on to your lease for 2 more years. Whatever you choose good luck!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Your other possible option would be for your dealer to buyout your remaining lease and add on that cost to your new vehicle purchase (which I’ve seen dealers do) or another option would be for you to payout your remaining lease then pay the buyout value (like buying the car outright) then trade in that car to your dealer although these options would be costly and you’ll incur a loss in terms of depreciation. Dealers most often than not will lowball you on trade-ins especially when they know they have the leverage as they know you really want to get out of your lease or if they know you don’t have a choice (say you can no longer afford due to financial issues). Your best bet with the least cost would still be someone taking over your lease if you really need to have that turbo CX30 or simply hang on to your lease for 2 more years. Whatever you choose good luck!
Im honeselty in no big rush and my current GT top trim 2.5 cx30 is in like new condition and so i would say probaly best to hold out for the rest of the lease term and then to lease again as i dont keep my vehicles past 4-5 years tops and made the horrible mistake on a nissan qashqai and paid 30 grand for it and turned out to be junk after two years and 41,000 km allot of warranty work all the time ... red flags to me! I got wrid of it and got 16,000 for a trade in... much less then the residuel value on my leased cx-30 and whatever i took my losses to get away from a lemon of a vehicle and did not want to lose so much money like that again and so thats why I now lease as i do not want to have to have that horrid experience again. I also get a chance to decide in 3 years keep the vehicle or upgrade etc and not lose on the depreciation. The nissan qashqai was to in like new condition .. no damage etc.. dealership even commented and said wow how many kms on it again.. its like new.. you must of taken very good care of it to which i do with all my vehicles.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Im honeselty in no big rush and my current GT top trim 2.5 cx30 is in like new condition and so i would say probaly best to hold out for the rest of the lease term and then to lease again as i dont keep my vehicles past 4-5 years tops and made the horrible mistake on a nissan qashqai and paid 30 grand for it and turned out to be junk after two years and 41,000 km allot of warranty work all the time ... red flags to me! I got wrid of it and got 16,000 for a trade in... much less then the residuel value on my leased cx-30 and whatever i took my losses to get away from a lemon of a vehicle and did not want to lose so much money like that again and so thats why I now lease as i do not want to have to have that horrid experience again. I also get a chance to decide in 3 years keep the vehicle or upgrade etc and not lose on the depreciation. The nissan qashqai was to in like new condition .. no damage etc.. dealership even commented and said wow how many kms on it again.. its like new.. you must of taken very good care of it to which i do with all my vehicles.
I hear you...I’ve always stayed away from Nissan due to the horrible stories and problematic CVT tranny that they use. My last 4 vehicles including current 2 have been Mazdas and all have been reliable and trouble free - 1 may have had very minor issues but were covered under warranty so all good

·
Registered
70 Posts
I put down my deposit on one... I looked at the CX 30 but decided I would wait for the turbo.
Picked-up My CX-30 TURBO 1/16/21 up in Roseville, about 190 miles north of here in Coarsegold, CA. (We are just south of Yosemite in the hills.) They are HARD TO FIND! I wanted to take advantage of the 0.9% financing, so I had to buy it from Dealer inventory before 2/1/21.

In the ENTIRE STATE of CA there was ONE with the Machine Gray Metallic exterior and Griege interior. ONE. The next closest example is in Houston, TX. That's out of THOUSANDS of CX-30s.

IT'S WORTH THE WAIT! Drove it home, getting 30-31 mpg on the freeway with the AMAZING adaptive Cruise Control. Tons of power in the hills, great handling, and after 500 miles the brakes have finished bedding-in and are really good.
And on day 3 I said: " Oh, what does this 'SPORT' switch do?". HOLY CRAP. It's a rocket, but not peaky like a typical turbo, as the power is all there the moment you touch the throttle. It's due to an expensive exhaust bypass module that gives it full boost at low rpms. It just ROCKS.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice move. You'll be happy do did. A smile began that just wouldn't go away when I drove mine. Picked it up a couple of days ago. The winter tires are going on Monday. Hope you enjoy yours. What color did you you choose?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts