Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

CX30 Turbo

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Avid Gardener 
I put down my deposit on one... I looked at the CX 30 but decided I would wait for the turbo.
Picked-up My CX-30 TURBO 1/16/21 up in Roseville, about 190 miles north of here in Coarsegold, CA. (We are just south of Yosemite in the hills.) They are HARD TO FIND! I wanted to take advantage of the 0.9% financing, so I had to buy it from Dealer inventory before 2/1/21.

In the ENTIRE STATE of CA there was ONE with the Machine Gray Metallic exterior and Griege interior. ONE. The next closest example is in Houston, TX. That's out of THOUSANDS of CX-30s.

IT'S WORTH THE WAIT! Drove it home, getting 30-31 mpg on the freeway with the AMAZING adaptive Cruise Control. Tons of power in the hills, great handling, and after 500 miles the brakes have finished bedding-in and are really good.
And on day 3 I said: " Oh, what does this 'SPORT' switch do?". HOLY CRAP. It's a rocket, but not peaky like a typical turbo, as the power is all there the moment you touch the throttle. It's due to an expensive exhaust bypass module that gives it full boost at low rpms. It just ROCKS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.