Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Sport Tech Skyactiv X Auto
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to find out how to rescan the DAB channels if you're in a different area from where you live.
The station list I can currently see is for stations in South East and West Wales and Somerset.
Does it automatically rescan if you go up into the Midlands for instance, or can it be done manually, the online manual doesn't really make sense to me

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
There is a section in the online manual

Looks like you use the seek controls to achieve what you're seeking (pardon the pun)

Online Manual said:
(FM/AM radio)

Radio stations saved to your Favourites can be selected by sliding the volume knob left (SEEK DOWN)/right (SEEK UP) while listening to FM/AM. The station will change each time you slide the volume knob.

If you want to manually tune to the next available station before or after the currently selected station, slide and hold the volume knob left (SEEK DOWN) or right (SEEK UP) until you hear a beep and the tuner will select the next available station.

(DAB radio) (Some Models)

You can call up radio stations registered to your Favourites by sliding the volume knob left/right while listening to DAB radio. The radio stations change each time you slide the volume knob.

In addition, the service switches to the next service when you continue sliding the knob to the right until you hear a beep, and it switches to the previous service when you continue sliding the knob to the left. If there is no next or previous service in the selected Ensemble, Ensemble switches.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i found the answer in as much as I discovered the Select Ensemble function which showed me the channels available for my geographical area, but this changed automatically when we were in a different area and all the locally available channels changed too

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
i found the answer in as much as I discovered the Select Ensemble function which showed me the channels available for my geographical area, but this changed automatically when we were in a different area and all the locally available channels changed too
Presumably the station you're listening to in that ensemble follows you as you change from one area to another (and therefore one ensemble to another) - or have you not tried that?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, it’s a local station with a limited range that I listen to when in a certain area for traffic news etc, I wouldn’t be able to listen to it in my home town anyway.
in my old Toyota CH-R I would have to rescan the DAB to pick it up, but the Mazda system appears to do this as you move from one area to another, in my case, South Wales to South Devon, and also for Radio Solent when I go to the football

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.