Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya folks.
Was just thinking about the previous threads on dashcams & power sources, and suddenly had another thought.
Since the CX-30 already has cameras all around it, why do we need another one?
Why can’t we just record from these built-in cams?

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
259 Posts
I think they're all aimed at the ground, so wouldn't be a lot of use as a dashcam.

Reactions: Thomas D

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
259 Posts
That's not a bad idea - although I'd want to have absolute FULL control of the video that's recorded. And I'd mean full. No 'automatic' cloud solutions to 'help' you. No 'automatic' uploading.

Reactions: steve67

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hopefully someone with technical / auto electric knowledge will read this. I had a dash cam fitted to my brand new CX30 in September. Having had many experiences of being 'dinked' in car parks, I opted for one that had parking sensors. I picked what I thought was a reusable company to have it fitted. To be fair I haven't used the car as much as I would normally due to Covid, but a week or so ago I went out to the car to find it absolutely flat. Mazda recovers came out and diagnosed an alternator issue. They took it off to Mazda, who said the car was fine but mentioned that the Dash Cam could be draining the battery in Park Mode. I had the installer come out to check the cam and he re-routed the supply for the park mode but said everything checked out. I didn't get in to the car for a couple of days but when I did the Cameras now say 'no signal' - and as I have the 360 parking cameras they are all out. Anyone got any ideas / comments / suggestions please?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hopefully someone with technical / auto electric knowledge will read this. I had a dash cam fitted to my brand new CX30 in September. Having had many experiences of being 'dinked' in car parks, I opted for one that had parking sensors. I picked what I thought was a reusable company to have it fitted. To be fair I haven't used the car as much as I would normally due to Covid, but a week or so ago I went out to the car to find it absolutely flat. Mazda recovers came out and diagnosed an alternator issue. They took it off to Mazda, who said the car was fine but mentioned that the Dash Cam could be draining the battery in Park Mode. I had the installer come out to check the cam and he re-routed the supply for the park mode but said everything checked out. I didn't get in to the car for a couple of days but when I did the Cameras now say 'no signal' - and as I have the 360 parking cameras they are all out. Anyone got any ideas / comments / suggestions please?
Being able to 'tap into' the camera system while it's live is one thing, but keeping it running while the car is parked is quite another.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts